Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Installation Issue

I am using windows 8 and I have installed VS 2015.I am installing android sdk manually from Git Hub [https://github.com/lowleetak/xamarin-install]. But getting below error. Even I don't have any anti-virus. Any suggestion Please.................

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Why not install VS2017 or 2019 ? There are many new features in VS2017 and vs2019.

And Once we install the VS , then VS will install the android sdk automatically.

When we click Setting up the Android SDK for Xamarin.Android,we will see

Visual Studio includes an Android SDK Manager that you use to download Android SDK tools, platforms, and other components that you need for developing Xamarin.Android apps.

So the Android SDK Manager will help us download the latest Android components that we need for developing our Xamarin.Android app.
    Meanwhile, we should notice the Note:

This guide applies to Visual Studio 2019, Visual Studio 2017, and Visual Studio for Mac.

So , why not install VS2017 or VS2019?

• MonalishaMonalisha Member ✭✭

I tried to install VS 2017 but It is not supporting in windows 8. It i showing to upgrade to windows 8.1. So I am doing with VS 2015.

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You can try to set up the android SDK Location directely by click Tools--> Options...-->Xamarin -->Android setting , for example: