How To Use Xamarin.Forms To Use Datalogic Android SDK

Hello.

I need to develop an application for Datalogic Memor 1 device (Handheld device that has android oreo and 1d laser integrated barcode scanner.)

They have a tutorial to use SDK with Xamarin. datalogic.github.io/xamarin/quick-start/

But their sample is Xamarin.Android project, not Xamarin.Forms. Is it possible to use barcode scanning feature from Xamarin.Forms only ? How can i integrate that to Xamarin.Forms?

Best Answer

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro IT ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

you sould have this on your MainActivity

void IReadListener.OnRead(IDecodeResult decodeResult)
        {

MessagingCenter.Send<App, string>((App)Xamarin.Forms.Application.Current, "Barcode", decodeResult.Text);

}

And in your XF, somewhere you should have

MessagingCenter.Subscribe<App, string>(this, "Barcode", async (sender, thebarcode) => {

// Use here the barcode

});

Answers

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to do all the things in Xamarin android then there should be an event when the app receive the barcode. There you can send a message to XF projectmwith your data
  • ahmetkocadoganahmetkocadogan USMember ✭✭

@AlessandroCaliaro said:
    You have to do all the things in Xamarin android then there should be an event when the app receive the barcode. There you can send a message to XF projectmwith your data

Is there any tutorial how to do that ?

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

{

MessagingCenter.Send<App, string>((App)Xamarin.Forms.Application.Current, "Barcode", decodeResult.Text);

}

MessagingCenter.Subscribe<App, string>(this, "Barcode", async (sender, thebarcode) => {

// Use here the barcode

});

• ahmetkocadoganahmetkocadogan USMember ✭✭

@&gt; @AlessandroCaliaro said:

{

}

// Use here the barcode

});

Thank you so much. I uploaded my sample project to GitHub, github.com/ahmetkocadogan/XamarinFormsDatalogicSDKExample

If someone finds this page, I want to help them too.