More Transparency and a Roadmap Please!

chris-zchris-z ATMember

It's cool that the bugs we report get fixed (mostly).

What's very frustrating though is that nobody seems to know when the fixes will actually be released.

It might be released in a week or a month... finally when a new release shows up there is no information what bug-ids are actually included - this quickly turns to disappointment when we realize that the bugs are still there.

So please give us a roadmap and let us know which fixes/bug-ids are scheduled for which version (in alpha/beta/stable).

thanks!

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey GBMember ✭✭✭

Like when will intellisense return to axml files! I'm so tired of reading about new features when old features like this remain broken.

• AndreaSabbatiniAndreaSabbatini ITMember ✭✭

If you have seen some of my other posts, you know already I'm entirely with Chris on this. If I may add something, I think a more down-to-earth road map could help. Like: fix core functionality (editor, code formatting, smart indentation, configuration management, deployment, VS plugin, etc) before embarking in new, eye-catching, functionality.

We need a proper dev environment, before even using fancy stuff !

Thanks for your attention.

(By the way, am I wrong or there's no timestamp on changelogs ?)

• ChaseFlorellChaseFlorell CAInsider, University mod

@CodeMonkey, you mean to say that Intellisense in axml files once worked? I'm a fairly new user and am baffled that I don't get intellisense support.

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey GBMember ✭✭✭

Yes, in my early days of using mono when monodevelop was still the IDE intellisense did work for both properties and values. Today you can get limited intellisense by right clicking the .axml files and selecting Open With -> Source Code editor but that doesn't always work and you only get intellisense for properties.

I guess it's partly a good thing as it forces you to learn the axml markup, but it would be really helpful when you're trying to find an obscure property.

• chris-zchris-z ATMember

A comment from Xamarin would be nice.