Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Classic Bluetooth Get List of Paired Device and Read The Connection State.

Hello everyone,

I'm making a simple Cross Platform Xamarin apps on Android and iOS that utilize Classic Bluetooth.

I've found a lot of bluetooth plugins but all of them are for Bluetooth LE, so I need to find another one for classic bluetooth or create one.

I need to find a way to get list of paired bluetooth device and also check the connection state of those devices.

Is there any plugin or code sample that I can learn from for both Android and iOS?

Regards.

Answers

• RoyRazRoyRaz Member

Hi tonchen,

I'm having the same issue, I'm looking for a library on Xamarin.iOS for classic Bluetooth and all I found was BLE or Xamarin.Forms.

Did you found something?

• ToonyiToonyi Member ✭✭

any thing?

• ToonyiToonyi Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019

face the same problem, any solutions?

• Prajakta.ShindePrajakta.Shinde INUniversity ✭✭✭

Any solutions? I'm looking for classic Bluetooth connectivity from Xamarin.Forms for ios, android, and uwp.

• BLEBLE Member ✭✭

There is no Bluetooth Classic Plugin for Xamarin crossplatform!

Here is a step by step guide which helps you to solve your problem for calssic Bluetooth in Android: https://nerd-corner.com/android-bluetooth-classic-app-for-arduino-fan-control/
    It is Bluetooth fan controller. The Xamarin Android App controlls an Arduino via HC 05 or HC 06.

You can download the full sourcecode at the end of the post