Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

As soon as I add a ActivityIndicator to the tabbed form, it breaks my listview

I have a number of listviews on multiple pages of a tabbed form.
They work fine.
As soon as I add a ActivityIndicator they stop loading automatically and I have to double tap them to get them to show the data.

Best Answers

• supersteffsupersteff Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019 Accepted Answer

I have solved the issue.

I had a variable in the viewmodel to handle all busy indications and it has a LoginCommand.ChangeCanExecute(); at the end of the set property.

I added another variable to handle the activity indicator separately and it now it doesnt break the listsviews.
    bool _isBusy = false;

public bool IsBusy
        {
            get { return _isBusy; }
            set
            {
                _isBusy = value;
                OnPropertyChanged();
                LoginCommand.ChangeCanExecute();
            }
        }
        private bool _activity= false;

public bool activity
        {
            get { return _activity; }
            set
            {
                _activity = value;
                OnPropertyChanged();
            }
        }

Accepted Answer

guys and girls, this if you read this then just know it is an issue with a CollectionView << this is experimental, as soon as I add the activity indicator, it has issues with the listviews and it only loads after you tap the list themselves. i'm not sure why but i will be looking into another activity indicator and not the one that is in the xamarin forms by default.

Answers

as soon as i add this to one of the content pages of the tabbed <ContentPage.Content> then it just breaks the list views on the other pages.

edited July 2019 Accepted Answer

I have solved the issue.

I had a variable in the viewmodel to handle all busy indications and it has a LoginCommand.ChangeCanExecute(); at the end of the set property.

I added another variable to handle the activity indicator separately and it now it doesnt break the listsviews.
    bool _isBusy = false;

public bool IsBusy
        {
            get { return _isBusy; }
            set
            {
                _isBusy = value;
                OnPropertyChanged();
                LoginCommand.ChangeCanExecute();
            }
        }
        private bool _activity= false;

public bool activity
        {
            get { return _activity; }
            set
            {
                _activity = value;
                OnPropertyChanged();
            }
        }

Accepted Answer

guys and girls, this if you read this then just know it is an issue with a CollectionView << this is experimental, as soon as I add the activity indicator, it has issues with the listviews and it only loads after you tap the list themselves. i'm not sure why but i will be looking into another activity indicator and not the one that is in the xamarin forms by default.