How to disable horizontal scrolling of NSScrollView?

KyuubiKyuubi USMember ✭✭

Hi All,

My document view exceeds the horizontal extent of the screen and becomes scrollable. I need to enable or disable horizontal scrolling only when needed. Can anyone navigate me how to proceed with the same?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• ColeXColeX Xamurai
    edited May 2 Accepted Answer

Since Forms does not provide this function ,so i'm afraid you have to use custom renderer.

To disable the horizontal scrolling of NSScrollView , you could set the documentView property ,make the documentView width equals to screen width .

Something like this

//disable horizontal scrolling
    var contentView = new NSView(new NSRect(0, 0, screenWidth, Control.DocumentView.Height));
    Control.DocumentView = contentView;

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited May 2 Accepted Answer

Since Forms does not provide this function ,so i'm afraid you have to use custom renderer.

To disable the horizontal scrolling of NSScrollView , you could set the documentView property ,make the documentView width equals to screen width .

Something like this

//disable horizontal scrolling
    var contentView = new NSView(new NSRect(0, 0, screenWidth, Control.DocumentView.Height));
    Control.DocumentView = contentView;

• KyuubiKyuubi USMember ✭✭
    edited May 3

Hi @ColeX,

Thanks for the answer. That works great as expected. However I also want to enable the diagonal scrolling which means the view has to be scrolled in 60 degree axis. Currently, I could only able to scroll either in horizontal direction or vertical direction one at a time but not simultaneously. Is it possible to do so?

Thanks.