Scrollable GridLayout

stan_brstan_br BRMember ✭✭

Hello Guys.

I need to do a layout similar to the attached image.

As you can see, I will have objects stored on a database and I will dynamically load them onto my grid.

The thing is, I'll have more than 50 objects and I don't want them inside the same grid, because they'll be very small if I do that. I need them to scroll. Vertically would be better.

I thought about a ScrollView and a Grid inside but failed attempting to create such thing.

Could you please help to achieve that?

Thank you!

• DirkWilhelmDirkWilhelm USMember ✭✭✭✭

Using a scrollview with a grid inside should work. Show your code that you tried and that failed.

• stan_brstan_br BRMember ✭✭

@DirkWilhelm said:
    Using a scrollview with a grid inside should work. Show your code that you tried and that failed.

Here's the code. I have less objects, but even if I add more, the buttons will get smaller, but no scrolling.

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

try with Absolute instead of Star when define Grid's Height and Width

@AlessandroCaliaro said:
    try with Absolute instead of Star when define Grid's Height and Width

Do you mean specify absolute values? like 200 units? But what about screen resolution differences?

Sorry, not Absolute... Auto...

Otherwise (as Test) try with Absolute... so we can understand if something changes

@AlessandroCaliaro said:
    Sorry, not Absolute... Auto...

No worries.
    I tried but the icons just got smaller.

imgur.com/1KipjTk

I have done this test

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <ContentPage xmlns="http://xamarin.com/schemas/2014/forms" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2009/xaml" x:Class="TestRelativeLayout.MyPage2">
        <ContentPage.Content>
            <StackLayout>
            <Label Text = "PAGE2"/>
                <Button Text="Press to open page3" Clicked="Handle_Clicked"/>
                    <ScrollView>
            <Grid x:Name="grid">
                <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                    <RowDefinition Height="*"/>
                </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                    <ColumnDefinition Width="*"/>
                </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="1" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" />
                <Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="2" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1" />
                <Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="3" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="2" />
                <Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="4" Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="0" />
                <Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="5" Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="1" />
                <Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="6" Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="2" />
                <Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="7" Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="0" />
                <Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="8" Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="1" />
                <Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="9" Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="2" />
                <Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="10" Grid.Row="3" Grid.Column="0" />
                <Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="11" Grid.Row="3" Grid.Column="1" />
                <Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="12" Grid.Row="3" Grid.Column="2" />

<Button HeightRequest = "100" Text="13" Grid.Row="4" Grid.Column="0" />
            </Grid>
        </ScrollView>
                </StackLayout>
        </ContentPage.Content>
    </ContentPage>

It works. I have a scrollview with buttons... the problem is that when I scroll, the ScrollView goes OVER the first "Press to Open Page3" button... I open this page inside a navigationpage... maybe this a problem... I try to open it without a navigation page

The error exists...

@AlessandroCaliaro said:
    The error exists...

Alessandro,

Worked perfectly for me, look:
    imgur.com/FUbNwbV
    Maybe your emulator has some different display config (?)

Btw, thank you for your help on that. That's what I needed.
    Just a question, that was only possible because of the StackLayout you added?

Do you know how can I dynamically poopulate these buttons? I'll need to do a code-behind logic to create buttons, then show them on the ContentPage, right?

Good

Maybe the emulator

You can try with https://github.com/daniel-luberda/DLToolkit.Forms.Controls/tree/master/FlowListView or create your grid dinamically using code instead of xaml
  • docen67docen67 Member ✭✭

@stan_br said:

@AlessandroCaliaro said:
    The error exists...

Alessandro,

Worked perfectly for me, look:
    imgur.com/FUbNwbV
    Maybe your emulator has some different display config (?)

Btw, thank you for your help on that. That's what I needed.
    Just a question, that was only possible because of the StackLayout you added?

Do you know how can I dynamically poopulate these buttons? I'll need to do a code-behind logic to create buttons, then show them on the ContentPage, right?

I've tried this with a smaller resolution emulator and tthe error persist with the scrolling going over the other items,can you help me with that?.