Getting Error at Xamarin.Essentials.Email.ComposeAsync in Xamarin Forms Ios Project

divyagarimelladivyagarimella Member ✭✭✭

Hi all,
i can't able to send email in ios using xamarin essentials.i am getting the error like
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Xamarin.Essentials.Email.GetMailToUri (Xamarin.Essentials.EmailMessage message) [0x000a9] in C:\agent_work\78\s\Xamarin.Essentials\Email\Email.shared.cs:36
at Xamarin.Essentials.Email.ComposeWithUrl (Xamarin.Essentials.EmailMessage message) [0x00006] in C:\agent_work\78\s\Xamarin.Essentials\Email\Email.ios.cs:64
at Xamarin.Essentials.Email.PlatformComposeAsync (Xamarin.Essentials.EmailMessage message) [0x0000e] in C:\agent_work\78\s\Xamarin.Essentials\Email\Email.ios.cs:29
at Xamarin.Essentials.Email.ComposeAsync (Xamarin.Essentials.EmailMessage message) [0x0000d] in C:\agent_work\78\s\Xamarin.Essentials\Email\Email.shared.cs
if any one have idea please let me know
Thanks In Advance

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Article - What does this error mean?
    First one covered is NullReference.
    http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/258551-what-does-this-error-mean-understanding-the-common-errors/

• divyagarimelladivyagarimella Member ✭✭✭

hi @ClintStLaurent
    Thank you for your reply
    your artical is not related to my issue

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Sure seems like it is. Debugging a Null reference exception... How to debug... etc.
    Learning how to debug is a required skill for a software developer.

• ClintStLaurent, I doubt his problem is knowing how to debug or knowing what a null reference exception is. The method he's calling throws the exception even if you pass parms that aren't null into it, and the method is from the Xamarin.Essentials library that he did not write and is, more or less, built in.
    Did anyone find a solution to this error? It seems to be pretty common but I can't seem to find the solution on this forum anywhere.