Learning specific platform's programming to master cross platform programming?

mshwfmshwf EGMember ✭✭✭

With my short experience with Xamarin, I have a belief that the experience with the platform-specific programming is a must-have to build beautiful UI and to solve problems X.F can't solve, through renderers for example, so I need to learn Android and iOS programming for that purpose , and generally it'd be useful whether I use X.F or other frameworks. So I need suggestions, should I go with the native directly (Java or Kotlin for android and Swift for iOS), or Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS since their implementations to the platforms' APIs are analogous to the native APIs?

• VIVEKNEGIVIVEKNEGI USMember ✭✭✭

As you want to learn Xamrin forms, my suggestion would be to go for Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS because if you go for native android or ios you have to learn two new languages java and swift. And as my experience, if you will work on Xamarin.forms only then you would not need any expertise in any particular platforms. You will be able to find solutions once you start development in xamarin forms. Good luck :smile: