How to read AppCenter Crash Report

I'm having difficulty understanding this crash report from AppCenter. IT comes from my Xamarin.Forms app on iOS. I understand that the error is in the function AWS_SNS_Utils.RegisterDevice. However, I cannot understand what line is causing this? What does the d__7 mean? What does MoveNext mean?

AWS_SNS_Utils+d__7.MoveNext ()
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

AWS_SNS_Utils+d__7.MoveNext ()
TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task)
TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task)
TaskAwaiter.GetResult ()
AppDelegate+d__1.MoveNext ()
AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.b__6_0 (System.Object state)
UIKitSynchronizationContext+<>c__DisplayClass1_0.b__0 ()
NSAsyncActionDispatcher.Apply ()
(wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication.UIApplicationMain(int,string[],intptr,intptr)
UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName)
Application.Main (System.String[] args)

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

This is actually a known limitation with Xamarin apps in general and not related to Appcenter. 
    We don't do any processing on Xamarin logs, and line numbers are only available in debug builds of Xamarin apps. If you look at the raw logs, there are no line numbers. The raw crashes are displayed as we get them from the SDK. If the numbers are not in them it usually means the app is not sending them.
    This is a known feature request, so I have marked this conversation so that you can be alerted when this becomes available. Unfortunately there not an eta on it at this time.
    If you want to know more information about that, you could reach out to App Center support by logging into https://appcenter.ms/apps and clicking the chat icon in the lower right corner of the screen.

• AlexeyShikovAlexeyShikov UAMember ✭✭

Hey @LandLu

What are the options if we really need to know line-numbers by any cost?

Just setting DebugSymbols to True should be enough?

<DebugSymbols>true</DebugSymbols>
       <DebugType>pdbonly</DebugType>