Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Android: Could not load assembly 'xxx' during startup registration

anveanve DEMember ✭✭✭

I'm trying Syncfusion (charts) and in the Android project after deploying I get

Assembly Loader probing location: 'Syncfusion.SfAutocomplete.XForms.Android'.
Could not load assembly 'Syncfusion.SfAutocomplete.XForms.Android' during startup registration.
This might be due to an invalid debug instalation.
A common cause is to 'adb install' the app directly instead of doing from the IDE.

I readded the reference but that didn't help. Furthermore I tried to disable fast deployment without success. How can I find out what the cause is? Building the app works fine.

Answers

• Kan_nanKan_nan INMember ✭✭

I solved this issue by removing all other unwanted references(Adding a component in VS will automatically add all DLL references). Clean project, rebuild it and depoy!!!

• I still have this issue with SkiaSharp:

Could not load assembly 'SkiaSharp' during startup registration.
    This might be due to an invalid debug instalation.
    A common cause is to 'adb install' the app directly instead of doing from the IDE.

Updating the SDK manager and all other solutions have not worked so far. Should I target a newer version (other than 6.0?)

• yakirelkayamyakirelkayam ILMember

I had the same issue with SkiaSharp. I solved it buy first uninstalling all the SkiaSharp nuget packages and then reinstalling them and rebuild.
    I used
    Get-Project -All | Uninstall-Package SkiaSharp.Views.Forms
    Get-Project -All | Uninstall-Package SkiaSharp.Views
    Get-Project -All | Uninstall-Package SkiaSharp

Get-Project -All | Install-Package SkiaSharp
    Get-Project -All | Install-Package SkiaSharp.Views
    Get-Project -All | Install-Package SkiaSharp.Views.Forms

hope it will help :)

• rodrigorogliorodrigoroglio USMember ✭✭

Hi, I´m having the same issue when trying to debug on my ASUS Live (A007) device:

03-22 17:46:02.936 F/monodroid-assembly(14004): Could not load assembly 'System.Web' during startup registration.
    03-22 17:46:02.936 F/monodroid-assembly(14004): This might be due to an invalid debug installation.
    03-22 17:46:02.936 F/monodroid-assembly(14004): A common cause is to 'adb install' the app directly instead of doing from the IDE.

Someone can help me? I tried all that was explained above, but nothing worked for me.
    Thanks...

• bizbiz Member ✭✭

having same problem here,

04-21 21:39:59.044 D/Mono ( 2118): Assembly Loader probing location: 'System.Security.Permissions'.
    04-21 21:39:59.044 F/monodroid-assembly( 2118): Could not load assembly 'System.Security.Permissions' during startup registration.
    04-21 21:39:59.044 F/monodroid-assembly( 2118): This might be due to an invalid debug installation.
    04-21 21:39:59.044 F/monodroid-assembly( 2118): A common cause is to 'adb install' the app directly instead of doing from the IDE.

please i need help or a direction to solve it.

• Jonathan0931Jonathan0931 Member ✭✭

07-05 10:09:24.506 F/monodroid-assembly(16033): Could not load assembly 'netstandard' during startup registration.
    07-05 10:09:24.506 F/monodroid-assembly(16033): This might be due to an invalid debug installation.
    07-05 10:09:24.506 F/monodroid-assembly(16033): A common cause is to 'adb install' the app directly instead of doing from the IDE.

Please help me i am stuck

• GAURAVBADWAIKGAURAVBADWAIK INMember ✭✭

04-03 10:05:02.495 D/Mono (18245): Assembly Loader probing location: 'System.ObjectModel'.
    04-03 10:05:02.495 F/monodroid-assembly(18245): Could not load assembly 'System.ObjectModel' during startup registration.
    04-03 10:05:02.495 F/monodroid-assembly(18245): This might be due to an invalid debug installation.
    04-03 10:05:02.495 F/monodroid-assembly(18245): A common cause is to 'adb install' the app directly instead of doing from the IDE.

Same issue here. The project runs for iOS but doesn't work for Android.

Action taken by me:
    1. Uninstalled the App.
    2. Cleared the App from mobile internal storage.
    3. Unchecking the "Use Shared Runtime"
    4. Restarting the Visual studio several time.
    5. Removing and reinstalling the Android SDK.
    6. Removing and reinstalling the Visual Studio.

I hope that formatting the windows would work.

• nick5454nick5454 USUniversity ✭✭✭

@GAURAVBADWAIK said:
    04-03 10:05:02.495 D/Mono (18245): Assembly Loader probing location: 'System.ObjectModel'.
    04-03 10:05:02.495 F/monodroid-assembly(18245): Could not load assembly 'System.ObjectModel' during startup registration.
    04-03 10:05:02.495 F/monodroid-assembly(18245): This might be due to an invalid debug installation.
    04-03 10:05:02.495 F/monodroid-assembly(18245): A common cause is to 'adb install' the app directly instead of doing from the IDE.

Same issue here. The project runs for iOS but doesn't work for Android.

Action taken by me:
    1. Uninstalled the App.
    2. Cleared the App from mobile internal storage.
    3. Unchecking the "Use Shared Runtime"
    4. Restarting the Visual studio several time.
    5. Removing and reinstalling the Android SDK.
    6. Removing and reinstalling the Visual Studio.

I hope that formatting the windows would work.

Uncheck "Use Fast Deployment". If that still doesn't work uncheck "Use Shared Runtime" I had link "SDK only", but that shouldn't matter.

• nick5454nick5454 USUniversity ✭✭✭

you can also delete your bin and obj files in all of your folders. I don't believe uninstalling really works because Android doesn't actually delete everything. Could be wrong.

LOL, you can always TWRP it!