How/where to access CSC271?

JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

I'd like to watch the CSC271 class as a refresher. I hadn't cancelled my Xamarin University automated payment. I know Microsoft will stop taking payments as Xamarin University is killed off to move to a platform that seems hard to search, but as I haven't cancelled them I would assume I get access to Xamarin University until the day it dies.

When I try to access CSC271, it asks me to log in. I enter my credentials and it just loops back to the login page, with no error reported.

(a) Should I still be able to log in to Xamarin University? If so, what is going on???
(b) If CSC271 has been migrated elsewhere, where/how can I find it?

I know migrations have a habit of not going smoothly (I've never understood why though), but this doesn't seem to be going well...

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

Thanks @ClintStLaurent - I'd fired up another Chrome session but that didn't work. Just fired up Edge and that's fine. I'll do a proper cleanup of Chrome the next time I close everything down.

BTW @ClintStLaurent - have you found an index of what classes are now on Microsoft Learn? I haven't found one so far...

• RobGibbensMicrosoftRobGibbensMicrosoft Member, Xamarin Team, University mod
    @JohnHardman The XamU Xamarin.Forms classes will be available on Microsoft Learn in the first part of May, 2019. We’re working on moving them over right now.
  • ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnHardman said:
    BTW @ClintStLaurent - have you found an index of what classes are now on Microsoft Learn? I haven't found one so far...

I haven't looked. {Sadly} I don't see much point now that there is no actual certification. I don't really give two cents for the game-ification of our Xamarin certifications into little social network badges. They mean about as much as our badges on here.

@RobGibbensMicrosoft said:
    @JohnHardman The XamU Xamarin.Forms classes will be available on Microsoft Learn in the first part of May, 2019. We’re working on moving them over right now.

Thanks Rob. How do we find classes on Microsoft Learn. There was a tweet about XAM370 being on there a few days back. I couldn't watch live, but couldn't find it to watch afterwards.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnHardman The XamU Xamarin.Forms classes will be available on Microsoft Learn in the first part of May, 2019.

I get the impression that none of the Xamarin materials are publicly available yet.

• RobGibbensMicrosoftRobGibbensMicrosoft Member, Xamarin Team, University mod

@JohnHardman The tweet you saw for XAM370 was this one:
    https://twitter.com/RobGibbens/status/1114218814693150725 . We're running some of our live, instructor-led training publicly on Twitch right now. It's the same XamU classes that we run on GoToTraining (only subscribers get attendance credit), but it gives us the opportunity to test Twitch as a training delivery mechanism. The actual MS Learn modules won't be live until May. Not all classes will be moved over and maintained, but the ones that aren't will have their current videos posted publicly, including CSC271.