Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Xamarin iOS High Storage usage and strange files

Currently I´m facing with a very big storage problem! With our app the employees of our customers take pictures that are offline stored and in the office the pictures will be uploaded to a server. After that the pictures will be deleted from the database and the database will be vaucuumed (sqlite).

Well the problem is that I´m fighting with a big storage usage problem. I thought this came from the database file (maybe a problem with the vacuum) but in my library folder there is a folder named the full qualified name of my app. In this folder there are a ton of files (see the screenshots).

This is the content of a file:

What are these files and where they come from? Are they safe to delete?

Thank you for your support!

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

What you have done :

1. take pictures
    2. upload them
    3. delete the files and database.

Try to clarify which step produces those temporary files and provide that part of the code .

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

To amplify @ColeX's points. It looks suspiciously like these are temporary files related to either taking the photos, inserting them into the database or extracting for upload.

I suggest you debug to see when they're created, and/or review the code relating to the above operations.