Can't resolve the reference

i am facing a issues in deploying xamarin ios app from xamarin forms

Error MT2101: Can't resolve the reference 'System.Void Xamarin.Forms.Internals.INameScope::RegisterName(System.String,System.Object,System.Xml.IXmlLineInfo)', referenced from the method 'System.Void AsNum.XFControls.Stepper::InitializeComponent()' in 'Xamarin.Forms.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. (MT2101) (OrbisHealthPatient.iOS)

please help me almost one day am wasting ,Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• prasannadprasannad US ✭✭
    edited September 2018 Accepted Answer

i try many times ,but i fixed the error in flowing

download AsNum.XFControls project and add exiting solution and refer to each project problem solve for me!

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 2018

Some simple suggestions

1. Delete bin and obj folder , rebuild
    2. Restart visual studio
    3. Upgrade Xamarin.Forms in nuget package to the latest .

If the error persists, like here mentioned ,provide the build log along with verbosity enabled (i.e. -v -v -v -v in the Additional mtouch arguments) to Xamarin official Team and file this issue.

• prasannadprasannad USMember ✭✭
    edited September 2018 Accepted Answer

i try many times ,but i fixed the error in flowing

download AsNum.XFControls project and add exiting solution and refer to each project problem solve for me!

• smithiismithii USMember

I had the same issue after updating to Xamarin.Forms v3.2.0.839982. Downgrading to version 3.1.0.697729 fixed the issue for me. Hope this helps anyone else having the issue.

not like should work in latest version try find the with package error

• SheemuSheemu USMember ✭✭

Hi @ColeX,

I am trying it but it does not fix please help me as I am facing same issue.

it's working fine when I set to debug mode but is not working on the release mode.

error MT2101: Can't resolve the reference 'System.Void Xamarin.Forms.Internals.INameScope::RegisterName(System.String,System.Object,System.Xml.IXmlLineInfo)', referenced from the method 'System.Void AsNum.XFControls.Stepper::InitializeComponent()' in 'Xamarin.Forms.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Thanks in advance.

• Pooja105Pooja105 Member ✭✭

Hi Was anyone able to solve the issue? I removed the XFControls package and re-added it and it happens again

• Pooja105Pooja105 Member ✭✭

@Sheemu were you able to solve the issue?

@Pooja105 said:
    @Sheemu were you able to solve the issue?

problem ?

• SheemuSheemu USMember ✭✭

Hi Pooj105, I have resolved it as @prasannad mentioned on that fixed the error in flowing

download AsNum.XFControls project and add exiting solution and refer to each project problem solve for me!.

Thank you for asking me.