Can not resolve reference: System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll

GenfoodGenfood DEMember ✭✭

I have a Xamarin Forms Solution in Visual Studio. But everytime I try to compile the iOS project I got the following error message:

Can not resolve reference: /Users/user/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/QSMobil.iOS/3b412dbb137e0cd8903009453a101181/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll ProjectName.iOS C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets 696

I read a lot of updating my build server... But both the Mac (Xamarin Studio) and the Windows PC (VS) are up to date.
By the way it's possible to build the Android version of the app.
Maybe someone could help me?

Best Answers

• GenfoodGenfood DE ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I solved this by removing System.Web. Pay attention not every part of the .NET Library works with Xamarin.
    Here is an overview of supported Assemblies may you use one of them?

Answers

• System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll doesn't work with iOS. I found this when adding System.Web reference to use HttpUtility for some url encoding. Check here for what assemblies will and won't work.

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/advanced/available-assemblies/

• haluuhaluu USMember ✭✭
    edited March 2017

I am getting this error as well and I have no idea. Anyone? I am not using this or call this in my project.

• GenfoodGenfood DEMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I solved this by removing System.Web. Pay attention not every part of the .NET Library works with Xamarin.
    Here is an overview of supported Assemblies may you use one of them?

• DaveAlessiDaveAlessi USMember ✭✭

I am getting this error. I do not have system.web in my project. Only System, Core, Data, Net.http, .xml, and xml.linq.

How does one go about troubleshooting this error. I have wasted at least half a day so far.

• GenfoodGenfood DEMember ✭✭

@DaveAlessi https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/advanced/available-assemblies/ check this link maybe one of ur assamylies is not supported in your project.

• BlueCoder77BlueCoder77 USMember ✭✭
    edited March 22

I was getting this same error and I went up and down my code like 20 times swearing it wasn't referenced anywhere until I did the following 2 things:

1. I downloaded a Dependency Walker tool and viewed Assembly List to see that somewhere for sure System.Web and System.EnterpriseServices were referenced. The iOS project technically spits out a .exe and that's what I opened in the Dependency Walker.

2. I turned the compiling logging level on MSBuild output to Diagnostic level and searched the compile logs for System.Web. From there I could see the issue was I was pointing to the branch version of a portable library that someone accidentally included System.Data 4.5. Also the compiled Debug folder for that portable library I saw it had System.Web and System.EnterpriseServices. The Diagnostic compile logs list out who depends on each DLL and the location it pulls the DLL from.