What Xamarin.android preview not working!!

JunCainJunCain Member ✭✭✭
edited February 22 in Xamarin.Android

no display only white background...no errors!! no warnings!!

and when I reinstall and run it again with fresh install VS 2019 preview or VS 2017 it works fine but when i close it and run it again or create another project it will turns into no display only white background as shown the below image...

please address this issues..

Answers

• mikeacostamikeacosta USUniversity ✭✭✭

Can't help w/your issue, just a suggestion to consider using Android Studio to create layouts. For recyclerview or listview, it's not difficult to hard-code and data bind a list of data in Java or Kotlin, or even better a mock API, and that's always good supplemental knowledge for Xamarin skills.

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited February 25

What's the version of your Visual Studio?
    The XAML previewer is still in early development, so it usually have such problem.
    I use Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 version 15.9.7, sometimes i have this problem, but when I switch the landscape and portrait tabs, the preview effect will come back.

For example, when the preview have problem in Portrait mode, you can click the Landscape tab, if the preview display the layout normally, then you can change back to Portrait tab, normally, the preview will work.