hello and good day, I am here to ask some question about xamarin android...

JunCainJunCain Member ✭✭✭

I have a new create xamarin android app first i used blank app, and the problem is the main.axml or activity_main.axml did not display any preview. and when i try to create using xamarin.form try to open the tabbar.axml or toolbar.axml it still have no display preview only plain white background and when I click in the middle there is a rectangular blue border show. even when I drag and drop a button, the button is invisible..Note: the difference between xamarin and xamarin.form. xamarin.form have a warning: Custom controls disable. Your project needs to be built before custom controls can be used. This project contains resources that were not compiled successfully, rendering might be affected.
but there is no warning in xamarin..but they have the same issue..I use VS 2017 professional.

Answers

• PaulNTUPaulNTU USMember ✭✭✭

Have you built the application as it has mentioned in the error message?

To build
    1) Find the Solution Explorer window (Usually on the right of visual studio)
    2) Right click on the top level element "Solution 'app name'" and click on 'Build Solution'
    3) Wait for it to build and try opening the xaml again

Paul

• JunCainJunCain Member ✭✭✭

I try that but still not working...

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

What's the version of your VS?
    I use Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 version 15.9.7, and I doesn't have this problem.

Note: we need to make sure our app layout doesn't have any problem and then could be displayed properly.

I used VS 2017 professional..now I use VS 2019 preview edition but it is fine in my first open a project but when I close and create new one..the issue is came back again..I don't know what to do with VS!!!

Now I want to try xamarin live player to address this issues, but there is no xamarin app on apple store when I am search it..coz I don't have an android phone, I used iphone phone..