FFImageLoading Android Distortion Problem

DemiVisionDemiVision USMember ✭✭

I'm having an odd issue with FFImageLoading images in XF Android. The first time the image is displayed, everything is perfect. But then for all subsequent displays (anywhere in the app), the image is oddly distorted.

If I simply re-layout the content, there is no problem. It only happens when there is a new instance with the same image being displayed. The problem does not happen at all on iOS.

I am using 2.4.4.859.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

@DemiVision said:
    I'm having an odd issue with FFImageLoading images in XF Android. The first time the image is displayed, everything is perfect. But then for all subsequent displays (anywhere in the app), the image is oddly distorted.

If I simply re-layout the content, there is no problem. It only happens when there is a new instance with the same image being displayed. The problem does not happen at all on iOS.

I am using 2.4.4.859.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Maybe look at the Image caching options, it was altered in this release.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xamarin.FFImageLoading/2.4.4.859

• DemiVisionDemiVision USMember ✭✭

I had already tried most of the options. But after digging deeper, it looks like an issue with DownSampleToViewSize. If I turn that off, the problem goes away. I'm not sure it's exactly what I want, but I'll take it for now :) Thanks.