How to get Android Talkback to read headings?

Is getting Talkback to read the headers possible in Forms. If so how would I go about getting Android Talkback to read specific text as headings. My point of reference is how iOS reads off headers with Voiceover. Any clarity on the subject would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Answers

• YorkGoYorkGo CNMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

What's you mean "read specific text as headings"? Could you please elaborate a bit more?

• Rnic38Rnic38 Member ✭✭

Sure thing! When I mean read specific text as headings I mean Id like to either have a boolean in my code or something in my xaml that would indicate to talkback that this specific label/text is a heading. Meaning if I was to have the text "Welcome to our app" I would like to identify this text as a header and be read as such.

What I am trying to accomplish is setting specific areas in our app such that when an accessibility user is specifically looking for headings Android talkback can identify them. Im looking to also have the headers verbally say that the element on screen is a header. An example of what I mean would be as follows. Right now in our application we have a sign up page that reads "Login or Register", what I am looking for is to have talkback recognize this text as a header be able to identify it as such and verbally read the text as "Login or Register heading/header".

In native android I have found that we could implement this line in xml "android:accessibilityHeading="false/true"". However something like this is not possible as our app is a shared platform app and has very few xml pages.

Essentially I am wondering if there is a way to implement something similar to "android:accessibilityHeading="false" be it a custom renderer or other method.

Thanks!