Remove From Project Not Remembering

Is there an issue with Xamarin Studio where as when you remove from project (not physically delete) that next time you load the project in XS it does not remember the "excluded" files are removed from the project.

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Not a know issue, no. Is it a particular kind of file that's affected? Are you using anything that might be modifying/restoring your project files?

• It happens on all file/folders.

Whenever I open a solution in XS it does not remember the files/folders I have "removed" (removed from project) the last time I had it open. Are you able to remove a file from project close project and have it remember it is excluded? I am not using anything in particular that would modify/restore the project files.

Yes, it works fine for me with XS 4.2.2. Do you have a readonly project file? Can you check the IDE logs for errors (Help -> Show Log Directory)?

• Nothing in the logs that I can see.... I am running 4.2.1 could that have anything to do with it? While it is workable, it is an annoyance.

Nope nothing changed between 4.3.1 and 4.2.2 that could affect this.

Does this happen with all projects e.g. if you create a new console project, do you have the same issue with that?

• I just tried to create a new solution, first time since I updated as per Xamarin's prompt, and now get this error.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.ErrorBody..ctor(Exception error)
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.DisplayWorkflowStep(ActivationWorkflowStep step)
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.<>c__DisplayClass13.b__12(Task t)

I realize I am in a trial license but I should be able to create a blank Android Application with the trial license... right?

This is a bug in Xamarin.Android - it outputs incorrect activation errors when API level 19 is installed. You can work around it for now by uninstalling API 19 from the Android SDK manager.