How investigate a problem like 'No constructor found for Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.EntryRender'

FernandoVMFernandoVM BRMember ✭✭

Dear,

How we can investigate a problem like 'No constructor found for Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.EntryRender'? It is reported in my MS AppCenter sometimes, crashing my app.

StackTrace:

Android: 6.0.1
Android Build: MMB29M
Manufacturer: samsung
Model: SM-J500M
CrashReporter Key: 005a3934-8309-4b1b-82a8-85ed7d27771c
Date: undefined

Xamarin Exception Stack:
System.NotSupportedException: Unable to activate instance of type Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.EntryRenderer from native handle 0xbedc7b1c (key_handle 0x15acfc3).
at Java.Interop.TypeManager.CreateInstance (System.IntPtr handle, Android.Runtime.JniHandleOwnership transfer, System.Type targetType) [0x00182] in :0
at Java.Lang.Object.GetObject (System.IntPtr handle, Android.Runtime.JniHandleOwnership transfer, System.Type type) [0x000c1] in :0
at Java.Lang.Object._GetObject[T] (System.IntPtr handle, Android.Runtime.JniHandleOwnership transfer) [0x00017] in :0
at Java.Lang.Object.GetObject[T] (System.IntPtr handle, Android.Runtime.JniHandleOwnership transfer) [0x00000] in :0
at Java.Lang.Object.GetObject[T] (System.IntPtr jnienv, System.IntPtr handle, Android.Runtime.JniHandleOwnership transfer) [0x00006] in :0
at Android.Text.ITextWatcherInvoker.n_BeforeTextChanged_Ljava_lang_CharSequence_III (System.IntPtr jnienv, System.IntPtr native__this, System.IntPtr native_s, System.Int32 start, System.Int32 count, System.Int32 after) [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object.47(intptr,intptr,intptr,int,int,int)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
System.MissingMethodException: No constructor found for Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.EntryRenderer::.ctor(System.IntPtr, Android.Runtime.JniHandleOwnership)
at Java.Interop.TypeManager.CreateProxy (System.Type type, System.IntPtr handle, Android.Runtime.JniHandleOwnership transfer) [0x00055] in :0
at Java.Interop.TypeManager.CreateInstance (System.IntPtr handle, Android.Runtime.JniHandleOwnership transfer, System.Type targetType) [0x00116] in :0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
Java.Interop.JavaLocationException: Exception of type 'Java.Interop.JavaLocationException' was thrown.
at Java.Lang.Error: Exception of type 'Java.Lang.Error' was thrown.
at java.lang.Error: Java callstack:
at md51558244f76c53b6aeda52c8a337f2c37.EntryRenderer.n_beforeTextChanged(Native Method)
at md51558244f76c53b6aeda52c8a337f2c37.EntryRenderer.beforeTextChanged(EntryRenderer.java:59)
at android.widget.TextView.sendBeforeTextChanged(TextView.java:9220)
at android.widget.TextView.access$1600(TextView.java:327)
at android.widget.TextView$ChangeWatcher.beforeTextChanged(TextView.java:12034)
at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.sendBeforeTextChanged(SpannableStringBuilder.java:1027)
at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.replace(SpannableStringBuilder.java:523)
at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.replace(SpannableStringBuilder.java:494)
at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.replace(SpannableStringBuilder.java:34)
at android.view.inputmethod.BaseInputConnection.replaceText(BaseInputConnection.java:691)
at android.view.inputmethod.BaseInputConnection.setComposingText(BaseInputConnection.java:447)
at com.android.internal.view.IInputConnectionWrapper.executeMessage(IInputConnectionWrapper.java:340)
at com.android.internal.view.IInputConnectionWrapper$MyHandler.handleMessage(IInputConnectionWrapper.java:78)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7325)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1230)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1120)

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@FernandoVM
    Check the Linker settings for your Android project (on the Android Options tab, labelled "Linking"). Set it to None to see if that resolves the problem. If it does, post again and I (or somebody else) can explain how to preserve the bits that are being removed by the linker.

• FernandoVMFernandoVM BRMember ✭✭

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this behavior in my environment, its happens just with some users. This is more one, I have some others, like:

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: android.view.ThreadedRenderer.finalize() timed out after 60 seconds
    at android.view.ThreadedRenderer.nDeleteProxy(ThreadedRenderer.java:-2)
    at android.view.ThreadedRenderer.finalize(ThreadedRenderer.java:937)
    at java.lang.Daemons$FinalizerDaemon.doFinalize(Daemons.java:250)
    at java.lang.Daemons$FinalizerDaemon.runInternal(Daemons.java:237)
    at java.lang.Daemons$Daemon.run(Daemons.java:103)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

@FernandoVM said:
    Unfortunately I can't reproduce this behavior in my environment, its happens just with some users

Is there any pattern, in terms of which Android versions the users have, which devices the users have, etc?
    Using App Center (or otherwise), are you tracking which functionality different users execute, to see if there is a pattern there?
    Using App Center (or otherwise), do you have a record of what the users did in the run up to problems occurring?

In regards of first stacktrace I can see that happens just with some users of Android 6, but about the second stacktrace not, I can't see any pattern. :(

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

@FernandoVM said:
    In regards of first stacktrace I can see that happens just with some users of Android 6, but about the second stacktrace not, I can't see any pattern. :(

Had a similar issue where setting focus on a ViewCell and rotating the device only affected Marshmallow.

Are you using Android Fast Renderers?

@NMackay said:

@FernandoVM said:

Had a similar issue where setting focus on a ViewCell and rotating the device only affected Marshmallow.

Are you using Android Fast Renderers?

No, I'm not using Fast Renderers.

I have tried use Fast Renderers in the past but was the caos, it has generated a lot of crashes and surrendered me some one star ratings.. :( Since so I never has been courage of try again. :neutral:

edited February 12

@FernandoVM said:

The Android 6 bit makes me wonder if you are using functionality that requires an AppCompat package to work with Android 6. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of an easy way to check an entire app for such things. That's not to say that one doesn't exist...

Hopefully somebody who knows the Android SDK better than I do will be able to advise on how to check for an AppCompat requirement.

99% dos crashs reporteds in Google Console are:

1)

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
    at mono.android.Runtime.register (Native Method)
    at studying.mainService. (mainService.java:17)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance (Native Method)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleCreateService (ActivityThread.java:3213)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap5 (ActivityThread.java)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage (ActivityThread.java:1597)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:102)
    at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:154)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:6236)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run (ZygoteInit.java:891)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:781)

2)

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException:
    at android.view.ThreadedRenderer.nDeleteProxy (Native Method)
    at android.view.ThreadedRenderer.finalize (ThreadedRenderer.java:920)
    at java.lang.Daemons$FinalizerDaemon.doFinalize (Daemons.java:250)
    at java.lang.Daemons$FinalizerDaemon.runInternal (Daemons.java:237)
    at java.lang.Daemons$Daemon.run (Daemons.java:103)
    at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java:764)

In either the cases I can't see how they can related with my app code. :( :( :s :/ :'( :'( :'(