How to open a different xaml page on push notification click event?

slayer35slayer35 USMember

Hello,I want to open a different xaml page from android push notification click? But I have searched the forum and internet but cant find a working solution.Any ideas about how to achive this? (I'm using fcm integration in xamarin.forms project)

• slayer35slayer35 USMember

Thank you very much,This work well for me too.Thats just I need.

• ArvindrajaArvindraja INMember ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

@BalaRaju

As you are showing/writing navigation in else block of UIApplicationState.Active , I wonder how it going to work, why because notifications tap events firing somewhere else.
    I am using Xamarin.iOS, and notification tap event here firing.

public class CustomUNUserNotificationCenterDelegate : UNUserNotificationCenterDelegate
        {
            public override void DidReceiveNotificationResponse(UNUserNotificationCenter center, UNNotificationResponse response, Action completionHandler)
            {
             **   // Here you handle the user taps**
                completionHandler();     
            }
            public override void WillPresentNotification(UNUserNotificationCenter center, UNNotification notification, Action<UNNotificationPresentationOptions> completionHandler)
            {
                completionHandler(UNNotificationPresentationOptions.Alert | UNNotificationPresentationOptions.Sound | UNNotificationPresentationOptions.Badge);
            }
        } 

However I am getting notifications data here. but I dont have idea to navigate to specific page.
    Please suggest me if you people have better idea.

Thank you

• SnerfSnerf CAMember

So I want to have a notification open a new page, so the user can view the full message.
    It works great with Xamarin.Android, you use the Notification.Builder(), and start a new Intent. voila

But with Xamarin.iOS, if the app is open , I have no luck.
    Trying App.Current.MainPage.Navigation.PushModalAsync(new MyPage()) and it does nothing , it just stays at the current screen on the app

Any ideas?

• BasilJohnBasilJohn NZMember ✭✭

@VenkataSwamy, thanks for your solution. It works well.
    Did you ever do saving the push notification in a local database?

• ArmaganCelikArmaganCelik USMember ✭✭

__in android side you can use this way_

first in MainActivity
    LaunchMode = LaunchMode.SingleTop_

and than_

protected override void OnNewIntent(Intent intent)
    {
    if (intent != null)
    {
    string NotificationId = Intent.GetStringExtra("NotificationId");
    if (NotificationId != null)
    {
    App.IsNotified = true;
    App.NotifiedId = NotificationId;

Page currentPage = App.Current.MainPage.Navigation.NavigationStack.LastOrDefault();
                    var content = currentPage.FindByName<ContentView>("cvContentPlaceHolder");
                    var notificationsSegmentedBarPage = new NotificationsSegmentedBarPage(Convert.ToInt32(App.NotifiedId));
                    content.Content = notificationsSegmentedBarPage.Content;
                }
            }
        }

• DeepakDYDeepakDY INMember ✭✭✭
    edited January 19

Hello @VenkataSwamy , @BasilJohn

How can get notification id and job id

• MouniMouni Member

@VenkataSwamy ,I've got the error "**android.content.Context.getPackageName()' on a null object reference
    **" at the line var intent = new Intent(this, typeof(MainActivity));,Can you please help me