How to deploy to multiple emulators via msbuild

I need to test my application on multiple instances of the MonoForAndroid_API_10 emulator. I have made duplicate AVDs and can manually install and launch the app on each via the Visual Studio deploy action. I would like automate this process. When I make a change in the app I want to run a batch file to compile (I have this) and then deploy (and run if possible) on each AVD. The page http://docs.xamarin.com/guides/android/advanced_topics/build_process/ gives information on "build targets" but there is not enough detail. How do I specify the emulator that will receive the .apk? I am hoping I can make a batch file with msbuild commands, or a command lines to install an apk, on each designated emulator.

Can be done?

Best Answers

Answers

• RyanSavilleRyanSaville USMember

Thanks, that works great. I had to add "-ExecutionPolicy ByPass" to the command line, but then it works perfectly.

I then tried using the adb shell commands to run the application, but I get the error "Permission Denial: starting Intent {...} from null (...) not exported from uid 10199. I tried adding android:exported="true" in the manifest, which allowed the activity to start, but the application failed with a popup message saying "Unfortunately, [app label] has stopped. The app does run when started manually.

Any ideas on this?

• DeanEllisDeanEllis USXamarin Team Xamurai
    edited November 2013

Ryan

Take a look at the AndroidManifest.xml in the obj/Debug/android folder and its the activity that has

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />

on it that is the one you will want to run.

• RyanSavilleRyanSaville USMember

dellis:

My manifest file does not have an element. I looked in a couple of Android demo projects and none of them had an element in their manifest files.

I had added as a child inside of the element, which allowed
    adb.exe -s [emulator] shell am start -n [package]/.main
    to execute.

Should I be adding an element?
    to