Forum Xamarin.Forms

Listview without tapping and higlighting. Only for displaying informations

enzyklopenzyklop DEMember ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm searching a solution for a listview which is not tappable. I only want to display some informations via this view - there should be no highlighting by tapping or any action after a tap. Is there still an existing workaround?

Thank you for your help.

Best Answers

• TorbenKruseTorbenKruse DE ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015 Accepted Answer

set the cell to IsEnabled = false;

• TorbenKruseTorbenKruse DE ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@LoriLalonde This only deactivates the selection, not the highlighting when tapping. Setting IsEnabled = false; will do both, while still let you scroll through the ListView.

Answers

• TorbenKruseTorbenKruse DEMember ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015 Accepted Answer

set the cell to IsEnabled = false;

• LoriLalondeLoriLalonde CAInsider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭

When setting up your ListView, simply wire up the event handler to the ItemSelected event to disable the selection as follows:

MyListView.ItemSelected += (sender, e) => {
        ((ListView)sender).SelectedItem = null;
    };

• TorbenKruseTorbenKruse DEMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@LoriLalonde This only deactivates the selection, not the highlighting when tapping. Setting IsEnabled = false; will do both, while still let you scroll through the ListView.

• enzyklopenzyklop DEMember ✭✭

@LoriLalonde Thanks, but @TorbenKruse is right. That does not deactivate the highlighting.

@TorbenKruse I thought if I would disable the cell, that the cell will become a bit more gray. Like a disabled button. Next time I should defenitely test it before asking! :smiley: Thank you for your help!

• UnreachableCodeUnreachableCode USMember ✭✭✭

I've used a binding for my cells IsEnabled property but the problem is the tap still goes through once the bound property is changed even though it should be disabling it.