Print the finger print

EnoharaEnohara Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Xamarin.Android

Today's smart phone have finger print scanner for security purposes.
Is it possible to get the finger print from the device and save it as data or image?

Like this:

Thanks in advance :)

Answers

• JamesJohnJamesJohn Member
    edited January 25

Hi Enohara, I have been looking into this for a while and as far as I have read, there is no way to do this with the embedded fingerprint scanner (stackoverflow.com question 38160643
    how-to-get-fingerprint-input-from-user-and-save-to-sqlite-in-android) . I am now looking into using an external device to capture the image and save it. Have you tried that yet?

• EnoharaEnohara Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 4

@JamesJohn said:
    Hi Enohara, I have been looking into this for a while and as far as I have read, there is no way to do this with the embedded fingerprint scanner (stackoverflow.com question 38160643
    how-to-get-fingerprint-input-from-user-and-save-to-sqlite-in-android) . I am now looking into using an external device to capture the image and save it. Have you tried that yet?

I haven't figured it out sir, I change my system that instead of having image and storing it on database, I just saving the alphanumeric characters of every finger print that have been registered. And yes, its impossible to use an actual smart phone, that' why I use a hardware finger print scanner on it. Thank you for giving thoughts on my question