Xamarin Android app crash in Release mode using Parse SDK

I have a Xamarin Forms PCL app that works fine in DEBUG mode but when I change it to RELEASE mode and deploy to device it crashes while instantiating the ParseClient object.
If I change the linker to 'Don't link' it works fine but the apk is too large (40MB), so I am guessing the linker is stripping out something that the app is needing in RELEASE mode.

Anyone has run into this issue?

• In Options - Android Build- Linker. Linker behavior set : Link SDK assemblies only

• JulioBarredaJulioBarreda USUniversity ✭✭

I initially had the linker set to 'Link SDK assemblies only' and that is when the app crashes.

• AndrewBerzleyAndrewBerzley USMember ✭✭

I have been fighting this issue for a few days now. Just came by the solution to don't link. This increases the size of the app dramatically!
    Here is a Xamarin Bug report on the issue that just ended with the above solution: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16214

Has anyone found a real solution to this?

• MommMomm USMember ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015

I had this problem when trying to serialize an object to use with PortableRest, so I set this way:

• Link SDK assemblies only
    • Ignore assemblies: "System.Core;System.Runtime.Serialization"

Try to change to this, if it doesn't work, try to find out which assemblies must be linked and set then in the "Ignore assemblies".

• IT WORK!!!... thanks a lot @Momm

• 74hakansukur74hakansukur Member ✭✭

It is an old post, but my experiment is the same, that Momm wrote above:

• Link SDK assemblies only
    • Ignore assemblies: System;mscorlib