iPhone/iPad Support w/Geolocation

dmcspaddendmcspadden Member ✭✭

My iPhone app is working perfect with Geolocation properly setup. When I distribute the app a lot of older iPads aren't compatible because they don't have a GPS sensor. TestFlight indicates "Incompatible Hardware."

The GPS usage in the app is optional, we fallback to zip code search. Is there a way I can support older iPads (with iOS v8+) and iPhones with GPS?

Best Answer

• dmcspaddendmcspadden ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Older iPads and iPhones use a different processor architecture. To enable builds for those devices change the "Supported Architectures" option in the iOS Build Settings. Be careful, this will drastically increase your build times, so it may be a good idea to make this change to your Release configuration only.

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I think it's better for you to seek help from Apple developer forum :https://forums.developer.apple.com/welcome

• dmcspaddendmcspadden Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Older iPads and iPhones use a different processor architecture. To enable builds for those devices change the "Supported Architectures" option in the iOS Build Settings. Be careful, this will drastically increase your build times, so it may be a good idea to make this change to your Release configuration only.