Error CS0656 Missing compiler required member "microsoft.csharp.runtimerbinder.binder.convert"

ThankYouThankYou Member ✭✭

Error CS0656 Missing compiler required member 'Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.Binder.Convert' App1 C:\Users\user\OneDrive\desktop\folder\App1\App1\App1\Services\ApiServices.cs line 66 Active

The error is apparently due to this line of code -->JObject jwtDynamic = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(content);
I have tried adding a refrence to Microsoft.CSharp in the android project (which is the project i use on my emulator). And I have tried to install the Microsoft.CSharp nuget package. Nothing seems to work, so any tips are appreciated.

Best Answers

Answers

• ThankYouThankYou Member ✭✭

@ColeX When i added the NugetPackage now, i get another error, saying this : Could not locate C:\Users\user\OneDrive\desktop\folder\application\application\application\packages.config. Ensure that this project has Microsoft.Bcl.Build installed and packages.config is located next to the project file. application.Android.

and if i try to install Microsoft.Bcl.Build, exact same error occurs. Would you know how to solve this issue?

@ColeX said:
    Did you add reference only in android project or each project(include forms project)?

Try to add it via nuGet package to each project.

• ThankYouThankYou Member ✭✭

@ColeX said:
    Create a packages.config file in your Android project, and you must add all your dependencies from project.json.

Check https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/234302/#Comment_234302

Doing that causes even more errors or makes the app crash, but somehow my app seems to work now, even though i have the error there. When i run the project on the emulator, it stops and gives me the error, but when i open the emulator i can open the app and test it without VS knowing about it. Will this be a problem when i publish the app? If so, do you know another method to deserialize the object than this one --> JObject jwtDynamic = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(content);