I can not execute the sample of Hello, Android: Quickstart or Multiscreen

I have downloaded but Hello Android: Quickstart and Multiscreen. When I attempt to execute phoneword.sin I get message ONE OR MORE PROJECTS IN THESOLUTION WERE NOT LOADED CORRECTED. I get the same message from but the Quickstart and the Multiscreen Deep Dive. What must I do to get around this problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• YorkGoYorkGo CNMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I test it on my side but can't reproduce this issue. For us to investigate this further, could you please provide your Visual Studio version info?

You could provide the information as below steps:

1. Open Visual Studio, click on Help from the menu.
    2. In the drop down list from Help menu, click about Visual Studio.
    3. Simply click Copy Info and paste the detailed information into a .txt file and share it with us(As a file attachment or gist link).

If your VS is not the latest version, you could try updating to the latest version.

• edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭

I emailed you the information you requested. Please see note in email and attachment. Question: What member do I click to execute the sample. Maybe I am clicking the incorrect member.

@edcal2 , right click your project and Click Set As StartUp Project, then deploy this project to your android device.

• edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭

When I download the (sample) there are many members in the download folder. Which member do I click in the download folder to execute the sample?

@edcal2 , I didn't receive your email. Please make sure you have installed Xamarin in your Visual Studio:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/cross-platform/get-started/installation/windows

• edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭

I am using Visual Studio 2017 and Xamarin comes VS 2017. Can anyone help me with the problem? Please see first questions in thread. Please message I get.

• edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭

I get the same message when I download ToDo Sample. Can anyone help.

• edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭

Please see info you requested In the attachment.

• edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭

I Need instruction on how to accomplished this unzip procedure. I copy the unzip member into a folder name documents. This document folder have the todo.sin member and about 7 or eight others members. When I click todo.sin member I get the same error message. Please give me exact instruction on what to do so I can get to execute the sample. Sorry I am a NewBee.

• edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭

I finally got the sample HELLO to work. When I attempted to execute it the second time I received Error Message. Look like it is running out of storage space on some device. See error message below.
    Anyone else get this message and what must I do to execute the second time?

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error ADB0060: There is not enough storage space on the device to store package: /data/local/tmp/Phoneword.Phoneword-Signed.apk. Free up some space and try again.
    at Mono.AndroidTools.Internal.AdbOutputParsing.CheckInstallSuccess(String output, String packageName) in E:\A_work\293\s\External\androidtools\Mono.AndroidTools\Internal\AdbOutputParsing.cs:line 323
    at Mono.AndroidTools.AndroidDevice.<>c__DisplayClass95_0.b__0(Task1 t) in E:\A\_work\293\s\External\androidtools\Mono.AndroidTools\AndroidDevice.cs:line 753 at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationTaskFromResultTask1.InnerInvoke()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() 0

Second Message below:

Severity    Code    Description Project File    Line    Suppression State

Error ADB0000: Deployment failed
    Xamarin.AndroidTools.AndroidDeploymentException: InsufficientSpaceForPackage ---> Mono.AndroidTools.InsufficientSpaceException: There is not enough storage space on the device to store package: /data/local/tmp/Phoneword.Phoneword-Signed.apk. Free up some space and try again.
    at Mono.AndroidTools.Internal.AdbOutputParsing.CheckInstallSuccess(String output, String packageName) in E:\A_work\293\s\External\androidtools\Mono.AndroidTools\Internal\AdbOutputParsing.cs:line 323
    at Mono.AndroidTools.AndroidDevice.<>c__DisplayClass95_0.b__0(Task1 t) in E:\A\_work\293\s\External\androidtools\Mono.AndroidTools\AndroidDevice.cs:line 753 at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationTaskFromResultTask1.InnerInvoke()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Xamarin.AndroidTools.AndroidDeploySession.d__107.MoveNext() in E:\A_work\293\s\External\androidtools\Xamarin.AndroidTools\Sessions\AndroidDeploySession.cs:line 410
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
    at Xamarin.AndroidTools.AndroidDeploySession.d__101.MoveNext() in E:\A_work\293\s\External\androidtools\Xamarin.AndroidTools\Sessions\AndroidDeploySession.cs:line 211
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Xamarin.AndroidTools.AndroidDeploySession.d__99.MoveNext() in E:\A_work\293\s\External\androidtools\Xamarin.AndroidTools\Sessions\AndroidDeploySession.cs:line 113 0

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5
    The message is quite clear. There is not enough space on the device. Delete some apps or data on the device.

Although it is interesting that this occurs the second time you run it. I would still try removing some apps.

What device is this on? I had an older phone running an old Android version which reported insufficient space even though there was plenty. I reckon it's an android bug.
  • edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭

This is a NEW pc and the only software I have on it other what came with the PC is Visual Studio 2017 that I installed a few weeks ago. How do I determined what device it is referring to?

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is referring to the device on which the Android app is being run - this must be either an emulator or physical device.

When you ran it the first time, did the app run successfully and did it display on the device?

What programming experience do you have? Have you followed any of the Xamarin introductory tutorials? For example

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/cross-platform/get-started/
  • edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭

I am new to Xamarin. I executed the product and when I click the button it translated and displayed the phone number as expected. When I attempted to executed it later is when I get the storage message. I have downloaded two copyies of the sample do you think I should delete both and download again? I am thinking it may have two files on a device and got confused and gave the message.

• edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭

What must I do to delete the application from VS2017 so I can start from scratch?