jarsigner error java.lang.runtimeexception keystore load keystore was tampered with, or password wa

SreeeeSreeee INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting the title error when publishing android APK in Xamarin Forms. I am trying to do this from Mac visual studio.

Screenshot:

I am sure my password is correct. Is there any other reason for this issue? What is keystore tampering?

Please help me.

Best Answer

• SreeeeSreeee IN ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@YorkGo Not get any solution for this issue, getting password incorrect alert always. So I uploaded a new app to play store with a new keystore.

Answers

• SreeeeSreeee INMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Update
    Complete error details:

jarsigner error java.lang.runtimeexception keystore load keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

My password contains '@' symbol, is that symbol cause this issue?

Last weak also I used the same key and password and publish the APK. Don't know what happen suddenly. Anyone please suggest a solution?

• YorkGoYorkGo CNMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited December 2018

You could use the following command to verify that the alias or password is what you think it is.

keytool -list -keystore yourkeystorefile.keystore

Use "Tools | Open Android SDK Command Prompt" to get a terminal window with keytool in the path.

@YorkGo said:
    You could use the following command to verify that the alias or password is what you think it is.

keytool -list -keystore yourkeystorefile.keystore

Use "Tools | Open Android SDK Command Prompt" to get a terminal window with keytool in the path.

If I run the command what will be the output? Is that show the current password?

Accepted Answer

@YorkGo Not get any solution for this issue, getting password incorrect alert always. So I uploaded a new app to play store with a new keystore.