Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Android

How do you assign you own WebViewClient to the WebView created as part of an ADAL authentication?

I see that by creating my own Android.Webkit.WebViewClient class, I can override the OnReceivedClientCertRequest method allowing me to automatically respond with an identity certificate. However, I don't understand how to "wire up" my class to the WebView that Microsoft ADAL is creating.

In many of the WebViewClient examples, the they do something like the following:

webView.SetWebViewClient(new myWebViewClient());

However, I don't know how to get a reference to the WebView that ADAL creates. I cannot look it up by Id, it is not part of my xaml.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to assign a WebViewClient to the WebView created by ADAL? Even better, can someone point me to a good and complete example?

Answers

• Tracy320Tracy320 Member ✭✭✭

What have you tried?

• SteveTeeSteveTee Member ✭✭

I don't even know how to begin.

I am having the same problem that is described here: https : //github.com/AzureAD/azure-activedirectory-library-for-dotnet/issues/671

As you can see, the solution to my issue will be to implement my own onReceivedClientCertRequest. That would be great if I had a WebView object to work with. However, since ADAL creates the WebView, I have no object to reference.

I suspect the answer is to extend or override the WebViewClient type so that I can have implement an onReceivedClientCertRequest that applies all WebViews. I guess this is beyond my abilities because I just don't even know where to start.