XamarinForms APK won't install

MarcinJMarcinJ USMember ✭✭

We have two apps which are deployed using HockeyApp (Ad Hoc deployment).
After recent updates on my Mac (iOS & Visual Studio Community) I can't install them on Android devices (deployment to iOS devices steill works fine).

I have a message "App not installed".
It is the same when I try to install from APK file on the device (signed or unsigned apk).
I can install the app on the phone in Release mode when I have it connected to the Mac.

I'm not sure what else I should check to investigate this issue?

Visual Studio Community version 7.6.1 (build 9)
iOS version 10.13.16
HockeyApp.SDK.Xamarin 5.1.2
Xamarin.Forms 3.1.0.697729

Best Answer

• MarcinJMarcinJ US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

This was a bug in Visual Studio for Mac - 7.6 build 2190 creates invalid APK.
    APKs being signed with the ad-hoc archiving process resulted in a non-signed APK.

Answers

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarcinJ Have you checked if the 'Deploy' is checked in the Solution Configuration for the env you are trying to install?

• MarcinJMarcinJ USMember ✭✭

@ShantimohanElchuri said:
    @MarcinJ Have you checked if the 'Deploy' is checked in the Solution Configuration for the env you are trying to install?

yes, that's ticked

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarcinJ Delete / Uninstall the app from the device. If it doesn't help uninstall it from adb command prompt. I can't tell the cmd syntax immediately, but search for it in this forum. There were post in this respect here.

• MarcinJMarcinJ USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

This was a bug in Visual Studio for Mac - 7.6 build 2190 creates invalid APK.
    APKs being signed with the ad-hoc archiving process resulted in a non-signed APK.

• 7.6 build 2190 creates invalid APK was the bug in new apk buid. Now the issue has been resolved try reinstall.