HTTPS ignore certificate

Hello, I want to use REST service as https://developer.xamarin.com/samples/xamarin-forms/WebServices/TodoREST/

But with HTTPS security and untrusted certificate (my own server). Most of Microsoft.Net.Http.HttpClient support this feature. But HttpClient for PLC (portable library) does not. Is here some solution to this problem?

Answers

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MommMomm USMember ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

@TomKello, add this line to onCreate (MainActivity) and FinishedLaunching (AppDelegate).

System.Net.ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = delegate { return true; };

I used this approach when accessing a Dev server.

Please let me know if it helps you out.

• TomKelloTomKello USMember

Yes, that should work. But it works only in Android and the same you can use for iOS, but not in UWP.

• PaoloManciniPaoloMancini ITMember
    edited June 2016

Hi, I use HttpClient for PLC (portable library). I have a Rest API with Https. I use System.Net.ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback to accept self signed certificate.

It works but the first time I execute the call It takes 15 seconds. After it takes 2 seconds.
    It seems the call takes long time only the first time, or after a long time that I don't use the app. How can I achieve this??!

I've test also with ModernHttpClient but the time is the same.

• curtis.ehrhartcurtis.ehrhart USMember ✭✭

trying to add this to the main project

System.Net.ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = delegate { return true; };

but ServicePointManager is not in System.Net

When I try to add a reference to System.Net.ServicePoint, i get this error

All of the Framework assemblies are already referenced. Please use the Object Browser to explore the referenced Framework

I'm not sure how to add the reference now

• AhmedElashkerAhmedElashker USMember ✭✭

@Momm said:
    @TomKello, add this line to onCreate (MainActivity) and FinishedLaunching (AppDelegate).

I used this approach when accessing a Dev server.

Please let me know if it helps you out.

It's working for iOS

For Android I'm still getting this error however "java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found."

• Suriya_KalidossSuriya_Kalidoss Member ✭✭✭

Any Updates regarding this ?????

• Suriya_KalidossSuriya_Kalidoss Member ✭✭✭

Im also facing this error