PayPal integration, xamarin forms shared project

Hi, I have a Xamarin forms shared project that has an Android and Windows phone project in it. I'm looking to integrate PayPal to simply make test sandbox payments, i.e. it wont be going live. This will be the first time I have attempted this, so I nothing of the process. Is there a plug in or package that I can add to my application?

also all and any How To's or guides would be greatly appreciated. I'm focused mostly on android integration with windows phone integration as a bonus.

Thanks in advance.

• ThomasBurkhartThomasBurkhart DEMember ✭✭✭✭

I wonder why you would like to do this? You will never get an App-Store aproval with Paypal connection in your App.

• What do you mean app-store approval? I'm simply looking to allow a user to make a subscription payment via paypal in my app. The flow is like this:

For example, if a user logs in and would like to use the application then they will have to choose a subscription type: A = £10, B = £15, C =£20.

For whatever subscription type they choose, then a button click will take them to a PayPal login screen where they can enter their PayPal credentials and make the payment.

I'm looking for exactly the same type of functionality as what the Ebay application uses to make a PayPal payment for an item.

Is that an api? Or is it a plugin that they use? For either, is there any documentation, examples or tutorials for using it with xamarin forms shared project? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but this is my first time trying this and i cant find much information on how to do this.

Chris

• Well that explains why i couldnt find any information about setting up paypal. Thanks for the information, its appreciated!

I havent searched as yet, but is there any documentation, examples or tutorials for using googles billing service with xamarin forms shared project?

I will look myself, but while im here im asking as i didnt come across any information on using the biling service like that when searching for paypal or payment services previously.

Chris

• ThomasBurkhartThomasBurkhart DEMember ✭✭✭✭
  • Excellent! Thanks a million! @ThomasBurkhart!!

• thtcaribbeanguythtcaribbeanguy USMember ✭✭

@ThomasBurkhart said:
    I wonder why you would like to do this? You will never get an App-Store aproval with Paypal connection in your App.

dont mean to butt in but... if i remember correctly if your app is selling physical items not virtual ones the app-store will approve of it. this only applies to virtual items within the app.

• RenelHomereRenelHomere USMember ✭✭

Any "How To's" for setting up PayPal, Venmo, or similar payment processor/money transfer into a Xamarin or Forms applicaton?

• andersonnsantosandersonnsantos Member ✭✭

This question is older , but i would like to know it. Is it possible to have paypal payment in the App for Apple Store or not ?

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

it is against google and apple policies. you app will be rejected. dont even try it.

• FullEnglishFullEnglish GBMember ✭✭

@batmaci said:
    it is against google and apple policies. you app will be rejected. dont even try it.

It is not against Apple policy, PayPal is now an option and was added in 2017...

https://9to5mac.com/2017/07/12/apple-adding-paypal-as-payment-method-for-the-app-store-itunes-store-and-apple-music/

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/use-paypal-with-apple-id,news-25460.html

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@FullEnglish i believe that this is totally different thing than what OP is looking for. Apple integrates payment on its IAP but if you integrate as your own custom solution, they will reject your app.

• FullEnglishFullEnglish GBMember ✭✭

This is correct.

I was just making others aware that PayPal is now an option on iOS and it has upset our IAP mechanism so currently looking in to what is different...

• Amar_BaitAmar_Bait DZMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

@thtcaribbeanguy is right, you are allowed to use third party payment (PayPal, Stripe...) only if you sell products/services that are used outside of your app (clothes, dvds, development services, e-commerce...).

If the feature the user is buying is used on the app itself (unlock something, remove ads, virtual currency, new game levels...) then your only way is though in app billing or else your app will get banned. A huge battle was fought between Spotify, Netflix, Google and Apple just because of that. Spotify and Netflix wanted to get rid of the 30% cut by using direct credit card billing and they won their argument because they basically said that they offer their services outside of the app too (TV, cars, web browsers...etc). But I won't take the risk to do the same thing as Netflix or Spotify, because Apple and Google would never ban their apps, but will ban ours without even blinking :)