Forum General

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Which error & crash reporting tool is best to replace Xamarin Insights ?

ValentinBaudotValentinBaudot USMember ✭✭

Hi,
I used to use Xamarin Insight for error and crash reports, to understand user problems encountered. I was able to look all type of errors happened and when, from a user login.
I don't see anything like that in microsoft app center, that is why I am asking the question: which exceptions and crash reporting tool is best to use ?

I had a quick look on crashlytics but it appears to be a bit complicated to integrate with Xamarin.
Which one do you guys use ?

Thanks for your feedbacks

Answers

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai
  • ethanwjonesethanwjones Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

We're pretty happy with Appsee, what makes it great is the user session recordings because they do all the crash recreation for you, so it's easier to track what caused the crash. https://www.appsee.com/features/crash-videos-and-symbolication

• ValentinBaudotValentinBaudot USMember ✭✭

Thanks @ethanwjones
    I'll have a look.

• dinobdinob USUniversity ✭✭✭

AppCenter
    AppCenter is Microsofts own framework providing crash reporting, logging, push notifications, analytics, building, distribution (update push notifications).
    It used to be called HockeyApp, then MobilityCenter, and has changed name again and merged Xamarin Insights into MobilityCenter. It supports Xamarin.Forms (Android, iOS, UWP) as well as native Android and IOS; however, documentation is somewhat confusing as the UWP does not come always as supported or fully supported.
    One strange requirement is to not use any other reporting packages if using AppCenter

AppSee
    Xamarin IOS and Android only

Crashlytic
    No support for UWP or Xamarin.Forms.
    Crashlytic is now part of Firebase

BugSense
    No support for UWP or Xamarin.Forms, retention policy