Generate .ipa file (iOS app)

Hi all,

I'm developing a cross platform app on Xamarin, Windows Server 2012.
I'm using a remote Mac to test the app and works well.
However, I want generate the .ipa file to install on my physical Iphone.

For Android, I can generate the .apk file and install it on my physical device.
Is there any way to do the same for apple devices?

I hope you can help me.
Regards

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

  • RaviKumarYadavGNRaviKumarYadavGN ✭✭ Member ✭✭

    Is It legal to send IPA files to customers?
    Will it work actually?

  • JohnHJohnH ✭✭✭✭✭ GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RaviKumarYadavGN said:
    Is It legal to send IPA files to customers?
    Will it work actually?

    Not illegal, but also no that wont work if you want them to run the app.
    If you want the customer to beta test, take a look at TestFlight.
    If you want the customer to upload the completed build, then yes you can sign and provide the release IPA file for them to upload.

    What is the use case here?

  • RaviKumarYadavGNRaviKumarYadavGN ✭✭ Member ✭✭

    @JohnHair
    Here is the use case,
    we have created a simple application for a specific customer. since we are completely new xamarin and ios. we are struggling to distribute the app to the customer. if you help me out with this, that would be really great. (We are not registered user of Apple development program)

  • RaviKumarYadavGNRaviKumarYadavGN ✭✭ Member ✭✭

    Can Someone please help me with this?

  • JohnHJohnH ✭✭✭✭✭ GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

    @RaviKumarYadavGN said:
    @JohnHair
    Here is the use case,
    we have created a simple application for a specific customer. since we are completely new xamarin and ios. we are struggling to distribute the app to the customer. if you help me out with this, that would be really great. (We are not registered user of Apple development program)

    If you aren't registered then you cannot build directly for local devices. But you can probably still use TestFlight.
    EDIT: Actually Apple does now allow you to build for devices without a paid account. You will need to plug the device directly into your mac though.
    TestFlight might require a paid account. You'll need to check that.

  • RaviKumarYadavGNRaviKumarYadavGN ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

    @JohnHair Great,Thanks

  • RaviKumarYadavGNRaviKumarYadavGN ✭✭ Member ✭✭

    @JohnHair Which program should I buy to deploy IOS app to customers? (Confused about apple developer program and apple enterprise program)

  • JohnHJohnH ✭✭✭✭✭ GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RaviKumarYadavGN said:
    @JohnHair Which program should I buy to deploy IOS app to customers? (Confused about apple developer program and apple enterprise program)

    Well that depends on your requirements. If you want your customer to test the app, and the long term goal is to put the app on the App Store, then the developer program is right for you. Will it be you signing the app and uploading to the app store? Or will it be your customer?
    If the app will only ever be used internally by your customer, then it sounds like the enterprise program is right for you.
    Ultimately it is up to you to do the research and decide what is appropriate for you. I can only guess based on the information you have provided.

  • RaviKumarYadavGNRaviKumarYadavGN ✭✭ Member ✭✭

    @JohnHair Great, Thank you so much..

Sign In or Register to comment.