Time needed to publish an APP on iTunes.

It is normal that, to publish a trivial APP on iTunes it takes weeks? from Apple I make continuous observations on the use of GPS, and a series of questions regarding any payments in the APP ...

• MarcoSalvatoriMarcoSalvatori USMember ✭✭✭

I've been waiting for 4 weeks for them to release the APP on the Apple store. It's a simple APP that sends a text string and up to two photos. They asked me some absurd things, if payments are planned, with what they pay. Was it always so long to publish APP on the APPLE store?

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

No, we're seeing app updates turned round in 24-48 hours, 1st release approval took a few weeks because of various issues (the app wasn't up to scratch but was rushed into production by management).

The questions may seem absurd but just double check you address all points raised in the review notes before resubmitting.

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @MarcoSalvatori said:
    > I've been waiting for 4 weeks for them to release the APP on the Apple store. It's a simple APP that sends a text string and up to two photos. They asked me some absurd things, if payments are planned, with what they pay. Was it always so long to publish APP on the APPLE store?

Unfortunately it can be very frustrating getting the first version of an app into the store. Just take a deep breath and keep answering the seemingly stupid questions.

We had an app initially rejected because "We think it serves no useful purpose."! Once I explained what it actually did, it got passed.

exact!! now I do not know what they are checking. it is 5 days that the last version sent is under review ... very frustrating ...

That is crazy. I have waited something like 5 days or more sometimes though.

I think you can try contacting them to find out when it will get processed, but it's hard to get a response.

I've already left a message. if they refuse it for some reason, they should contact me on the phone ... let's do it first ...

12 days without news ... always 'check in progress'...

they told me I should use their Business platform ...
    https://developer.apple.com/business/custom-apps/

it's convenient? I have read that previous 'private' platforms have not been a success ...

What is their reasoning for using a Business platform? Usually this is because the app is intended only to be used by employees of a single business (at least that's my interpretation of it).

What does your app do?

It is an APP for administrations and citizens. Citizens can only send textual information and at most two photos. Administrations can access additional features such as GPS tracking.
    I entered a login screen to understand who is logging and show the related features. Credentials that the administration will provide exclusively to its citizens independently.
    I think that this facet of credentials does not really like APPLE, so they diverted me to the business platform.

I (like you probably) am at a loss as to why Apple think this needs to use the Business platform. There must be more to it than we're seeing!

for internal use, I'd better use services like Diawis and similar. better no? Apple earns enough with the sale of iPhone and iPad ...

Hmmm

We ran into this, if the app doesn't allow automatic registration (in our case as part of a SaaS suite of products) they will come out with this response. We managed to justify our reasons which they accepted (can't remember the justification of hand but I couldn't share anyway), you have to ensure they can log in and use the app, your have to provide login details in the reviewer notes, if you don't, it will not get accepted.

Try again giving a written justification for why it should be in the store AND provide a login for the reviewer.

edited December 2018

There's also an App store rejection appeal process but try what I suggested above 1st (assuming you haven't provided this info already).

the APP is made for the municipal administrations and their citizens. the administration will have its own menu that will be different from that of the citizens. for example it will be installed on 4 management iPhones and 500 citizens' iPhones. if I go to the business platform, I am forced to make two APPs, one for the citizens (hoping to be accepted on the APP store) and one for the administration (on the business platform). increase in work and costs ...
    I'm waiting for them to call me to clarify everything.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarcoSalvatori said:
    the APP is made for the municipal administrations and their citizens. the administration will have its own menu that will be different from that of the citizens. for example it will be installed on 4 management iPhones and 500 citizens' iPhones. if I go to the business platform, I am forced to make two APPs, one for the citizens (hoping to be accepted on the APP store) and one for the administration (on the business platform). increase in work and costs ...
    I'm waiting for them to call me to clarify everything.

To be fair it sounds like 2 different apps to me as well. But it isn't difficult to do, both apps can be in the same solution as well so you can easily share code. Create a management startup project that starts up the required pages and models, and another startup project for citizens. Build each for 2 different apps (2 different id's, splash screens, and icons of course).

in reality the citizen has access to a single function (for the moment), the administration, to other functions besides that of the citizen ...
    I misunderstood or, to carry out the private distribution (https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/dev275598f16), do I need to register again at the Apple Deployment Program and provide the D.U.N.S.?