I am trying to use SignalR Core preview in a Xamarin Forms solution. UWP works fine but Android crashes with error : "Could not load assembly 'System.Memory' during startup registration".
I tried all of these:
- Added Microsoft.AspNetCore.SignalR.Client and it's all dependencies including the preview "System.Memory"
- Cleared nuget cache and nuget installation .nuget folder
- Cloned SignalR repository, added the projects to my Xamarin forms project, referenced the SignalR projects
- Cleaned obj and bin and tried new solutions from scratch, tried both shared project and .net standard library
- Updated android build tools
- Deployed a published apk to the device
But all that failed with the same error
I am using
- Latest xamarin forms and VS 2017 community
- Andoird compile version 8.0 Oreo - Min Version 6, and Target is same to comile (8.0 Oreo)
- Test device Samsung Android SDK 6
To reproduce it just create xamarin forms empty solution, reference Microsoft.AspNetCore.SignalR.Client then run the android.