Animate Items Appearing on Page

Hello, I have a page, for example, with grids, and stacklyouts and its elements. I want to animate the appearing of these elements, for instance, I have a Stacklayout defined in Xaml, I wanted to show up sliding until the position defined in xaml. How can I achieve this?

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@bcaceiro - Charles Petzold did a good presentation about animation using Xamarin.Forms . It's available on YouTube at

Just don't count how many times he says cool ;-)

• StryffeStryffe USMember ✭✭

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I just thought I'd ask if anybody knows if the samples Xamarin Evolve 2014 that Charles Petzold walks through, can still be downloaded from somewhere? I was very interested in the little MVVMColorSliders app he developed that uses his RadioGroup and Animation behaviors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stryffe said:
    I know this is a pretty old thread, but I just thought I'd ask if anybody knows if the samples Xamarin Evolve 2014 that Charles Petzold walks through, can still be downloaded from somewhere? I was very interested in the little MVVMColorSliders app he developed that uses his RadioGroup and Animation behaviors.

Here is the Xamarin Evolve 2014 samples repository on GitHub.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited December 2018

@ShantimohanElchuri said:

@Stryffe said:

Here is the Xamarin Evolve 2014 samples repository on GitHub.

Evolve 2014, British Airways lost my luggage and give me 50$ (after a lot of grumbling), I got hassled by a menacing character for 10$ when I left the hotel to buy stuff which sucked and then ran into Laurent Bugnion in the shopping mall which was cool.

@ShantimohanElchuri Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that repo contains the MVVMColorSliders app I am looking for. Have sent an email to Charles asking him if he may have a copy lying around... Thanks again!

@NMackay Wow! Sounds like a pretty eventful trip... Evolve must have been cool, otherwise!

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

@Stryffe said:
    @ShantimohanElchuri Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that repo contains the MVVMColorSliders app I am looking for. Have sent an email to Charles asking him if he may have a copy lying around... Thanks again!

@NMackay Wow! Sounds like a pretty eventful trip... Evolve must have been cool, otherwise!

2016 was better, they booked out universal world Florida for the entire evening, was funny watching the staff trying to kettle drunk devs around instead of families :smile:

@NMackay said:

@Stryffe said:

2016 was better, they booked out universal world Florida for the entire evening, was funny watching the staff trying to kettle drunk devs around instead of families :smile:

Lol... I can imagine!