Visual Studio for Mac - Can't run the app

stesvisstesvis USMember ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Visual Studio

I started a new XF app, but on the mac, even after setting the iOS project as the startup project, I don't have the option to run the app.
With other apps I can select any configuration from the dropdown (Debug|iPhoneSimulator) and see the list of all the simulators, but not with this app.

Under Project->Active Configurations i have selected Debug|iPhoneSimulator but still, no luck.

I don't understand what's wrong.
XF and XCode are up to date.

From Visual Studio on Windows instead I can run the app on the iOS simulator and debug just fine.

Thanks for any ideas.

Best Answer

• stesvisstesvis US ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks guys the issue was solved and i forgot to comment.
    I had updated xcode but i didn't open it!
    All i had to do was to open xcode and at that point it asked me to install missing components.

I accepted and then everything was fixed.

I didn't know i had to do that...

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Check the minimum version in info.plist to ensure that it should be not higher than the level of the iOS SDK you have installed.

Refer https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/286742/#Comment_286742

• coolrjmcoolrjm INMember ✭✭✭

Hi,

When you select the ios project as the start up and everything is configured correctly. you should get the list of all supported ios Devices. If that does not appear that means the configuration is incomplete. Just Debug | iPhone Simulator isnt enough to run the application.

Ensure that you have the correct target version of ios.
    Ensure that the windows pc is paired with the mac.

Thanks,

• stesvisstesvis USMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks guys the issue was solved and i forgot to comment.
    I had updated xcode but i didn't open it!
    All i had to do was to open xcode and at that point it asked me to install missing components.

I accepted and then everything was fixed.

I didn't know i had to do that...