Xamarin.Forms: How do I maintain Tabbed Page when navigating to a new page using Master Detail Page?

Hey guys.

I'm in the proces of setting up my navigation structure in a new app project using Xamarin.Forms. The idea is that my MainPage is going to consist of a Master Detail Page, where the Detail page is a Tabbed Page with tabs for the main menu items and where the Master contains the rarely used menu items.

I think the normal way to use the Master page would be to replace the Detail page with the page corresponding to the menu item they clicked on, but I want to maintain the Tabbed Page and instead change the page of the Tabbed Page. The page that I want to show inside the Tabbed Page is not one of the children/tabs of the Tabbed Page.

I've tried changing the CurrentPage property on the Tabbed Page, but that doesn't work for some reason. Nothing visibly happens. It only works if I set the CurrentPage to one of the Children of the Tabbed Page.

How would I go about doing something like this? Is it even possible? Would it be considered bad practice to navigate to pages inside a TabbedPage that have nothing to do with the TabbedPage?

I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• BillyLiuBillyLiu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited November 2018

@Amigoman
    Do you want to set click the main menu and the change the current tab?
    Could you share some code?