Forum General

Post-deploy navigation?

jholmejholme Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in General

Is there a way to, post-deploy, run some steps that interact with my app to get it to a certain screen? While developing, I will deploy to verify some functionality, but I spend about 30 seconds logging in, navigating to a certain page, and then entering some entry.

Thanks!
John

Best Answer

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin
    edited November 2018 Accepted Answer

@jholme - There's nothing available out-of-the-box to do this. Whilst you could use Xamarin.UITest to automate such steps, that's a clunky thing to do as an aid during development. What you may prefer to do is to implement a navigation service that can navigate to whichever page is specified and add a debug-only bit of code to do the login when navigating to a page that requires the user to be logged in. I implemented something along those lines, but I believe (I haven't checked) that Prism may include the navigation service part of that. The navigation service can be a useful thing even for normal use, not just during development.

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin
    edited November 2018 Accepted Answer

@jholme - There's nothing available out-of-the-box to do this. Whilst you could use Xamarin.UITest to automate such steps, that's a clunky thing to do as an aid during development. What you may prefer to do is to implement a navigation service that can navigate to whichever page is specified and add a debug-only bit of code to do the login when navigating to a page that requires the user to be logged in. I implemented something along those lines, but I believe (I haven't checked) that Prism may include the navigation service part of that. The navigation service can be a useful thing even for normal use, not just during development.

• jholmejholme Member ✭✭

Thank you!