Forum Xamarin.iOS

How can I edit TAB controller - TAB Bar items in Visual Studio for PC

OnedayOneday GBMember ✭✭✭

Hi All

I built a test app using the basic Tabbed App template in VS for PC.

I would like to edit the tab items from "First" and "second" to something else, eg "Data" and "Reports"

However, the properties panel does not show the TAB items that are mentioned in tutorials for VS for Mac or Xcode, or Xamarin studio.

I cannot find any instructions online for doing this .

Thanks for reading

Best Answer

• OnedayOneday GBMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I have the latest version of VS2017 community on both windows 7 and a new windows 10 laptop.

Neither of them present tab bar items.

Anyway, I found how to do this on My Mac, and I used the VS 2017 feedback facility to report the issue. They haven't emailed me to tell me i should be able to find it.

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You should select child ViewController and click on its tabbar item , then you can modify the title.

See the attached image.

Hi, ColeX, this does not work like so in VS on PC like it works in VS for Mac.

Essentially, I have edited the storyboard file in a simple text editor.

Question:
    Can I edit the storyboard in VS on Mac or Xcode, then continue my coding in Windows PC ?

Why don't you edit storyboard directly on Winows PC?

How to do this stuff on Windows.

Your screen shot is not from visual studio on PC, as bar items do not show in the properties view

I create gif image for demonstrating.

Accepted Answer

I have the latest version of VS2017 community on both windows 7 and a new windows 10 laptop.

Neither of them present tab bar items.

Anyway, I found how to do this on My Mac, and I used the VS 2017 feedback facility to report the issue. They haven't emailed me to tell me i should be able to find it.