Forum Xamarin Xamarin.iOS

Xamarin Today Extension is not populating in IOS 11.4.1 after upgrading to 12.0.1

SmartManSmartMan INMember ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Xamarin.iOS

Actually i cant able to find my widget (Today Extension) in the Edit page(Add Widget page in Phone) for IOS 11.4.1..But it is working in IOS 12.0.1

I am using the latest version of VS2017,XCode and Visual Studio for mac..

Is this issue because of IOS 12.0.1.Please tell me your suggestion to fix this issue

Best Answer

• SmartManSmartMan INMember ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018 Accepted Answer

Actaully from xamarin side they have added the MinimumOSversion in Info.plist for widget..I was using with old widget project.So it was causing the issue..Now i set the MinimumOSVersion to 8.0.It worked

Can you please check this Configuration is Existing in older widget project ?

Thanks

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You can or can't find the Today Extension on iOS 11.4.1? If it worked on iOS 12, that should also successfully run on iOS 11. There's no need to add extra configurations as I know on iOS 11.

edited October 2018 Accepted Answer

Actaully from xamarin side they have added the MinimumOSversion in Info.plist for widget..I was using with old widget project.So it was causing the issue..Now i set the MinimumOSVersion to 8.0.It worked

Can you please check this Configuration is Existing in older widget project ?

Thanks

Of course the minimum version in the info.plist will affect this even for "older widget project". Also glad you figure out this issue.

Please mark if it will be correct.

@SmartMan What do you want me to mark for you? if you feel your issue has been successfully fixed, please accept it as an answer no matter it was from your owns or other community members'.
    We're glad to see your sharing, please feel free to ask and discuss your problems on this forums.