Which is better

shaghayeghshaghayegh USMember ✭✭✭
The data is only received from the web server and does not work without the internet or
Get the data first from the web server and store it in the local database?

Best Answers

• JohnHJohnH GB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@shaghayegh said:
    True, the data is constantly being added. But I said it might be better to save the previous data and work offline.
    Does this increase the size of the program

It increases the space the app uses of course, depends on how much data you are storing to see if this would be an issue for your users or not.
    If the new data replaces the existing data, then the size wont increase after the first download (other than any string/binary data of course).
    If the new data is in addition to the existing data, then the size over time could definitely be an issue.

Answers

• shaghayeghshaghayegh USMember ✭✭✭
    True, the data is constantly being added. But I said it might be better to save the previous data and work offline.
  • JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@shaghayegh said:

It increases the space the app uses of course, depends on how much data you are storing to see if this would be an issue for your users or not.
    If the new data replaces the existing data, then the size wont increase after the first download (other than any string/binary data of course).
    If the new data is in addition to the existing data, then the size over time could definitely be an issue.

Thx
  • Native mobile apps act as the interface between the user and the users’ data and require uninterrupted connectivity. A native app with offline capability stores both the mobile app’s software and its data locally on the mobile device. Offline mobile apps allow the user to run the app, regardless of connectivity.

> @vijaydeveloper said:
    > Native mobile apps act as the interface between the user and the users’ data and require uninterrupted connectivity. A native app with offline capability stores both the mobile app’s software and its data locally on the mobile device. Offline mobile apps allow the user to run the app, regardless of connectivity.

it means the offline app is better?
    my app is like news app
  • @shaghayegh,
    Yup offline app is better.

And should i save data in sqlite?