The Xamarin.Ios SDK version installed on Mac is not compatible with this version of Visual Studio.

Achraf_benalayaAchraf_benalaya USMember ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Visual Studio

Hi ,
I'm trying to connect my visual studio on windows to my friend mac but i got this erros.
what should I do ?

"The Xamarin.Ios SDK version installed on Mac is not compatible with this version of Visual Studio. Would you like us to install xamarin.ios 12.0 for you? This will overwrite any existing Xamarin.ios installation on your mac." ​

my visual studio version on windows : 15.8.7

Best Answer

Answers

• Achraf_benalayaAchraf_benalaya USMember ✭✭

In my visual studio I have this version : Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017
    Version 15.8.7
    VisualStudio.15.Release/15.8.7+28010.2046
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.7.03056
    Installed Version: Professional
    VisualStudio.Mac 1.0
    Mac Extension for Visual Studio
    Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac SDK 12.0.0.15 (84552a4)
    Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac Reference Assemblies and MSBuild support.

So what should I do ? if I do not want to update my mac ? else it's the only solution ? update my mac ?

• AntDCAntDC Member ✭✭

Hi - did you ever resaolve this without updating your MAc.
    I am in a similar scenario where if I try to pair to my MAc I get this message....

The mono version intsallled on the MAc may not be compatible with this version of Visual Studio. Would you like us to intsll Mono '5.18' for you? This will overwrite any existing Mono installations on your Mac.

I was OK up until aroung 10 days ago, so something must have updated automatically on my Windows 10 Visual Studio 2017. Nightmare as I cannot update the Mac.