Request permissions do not continue execution on Android

MaxenceSAUNIERMaxenceSAUNIER USMember ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Xamarin.Forms

Hello,

When I request the permissions on Android, the permission windows appear and once they are accepted, the code stops are execution. The application does not crash, there is no except, just a freeze of code execution.
Can you help me ?

try{

PermissionStatus camera_status = await CrossPermissions.Current.CheckPermissionStatusAsync(Permission.Camera);
    PermissionStatus storage_status = await CrossPermissions.Current.CheckPermissionStatusAsync(Permission.Storage);
    PermissionStatus location_status = await CrossPermissions.Current.CheckPermissionStatusAsync(Permission.Location);

if (camera_status != PermissionStatus.Granted || storage_status != PermissionStatus.Granted || location_status != PermissionStatus.Granted)
    {
        Dictionary<Permission, PermissionStatus> results = await CrossPermissions.Current.RequestPermissionsAsync(new[] { Permission.Camera,* Permission.Storage, Permission.Location });
        camera_status = results[Permission.Camera];
        storage_status = results[Permission.Storage];
        location_status = results[Permission.Location];
    }

if (camera_status != PermissionStatus.Granted || storage_status != PermissionStatus.Granted || location_status != PermissionStatus.Granted)
    {
        await Application.Current.MainPage.DisplayAlert("ERREUR", "Vous devez autoriser l'application à accéder à votre appareil photo et votre localisation !", "ok");
        if (Device.RuntimePlatform == Device.iOS)
            CrossPermissions.Current.OpenAppSettings();
    }
}catch(Exception e)
{
    string resulttest = e.Message;
}

Thanks,

Best Answers

• MaxenceSAUNIERMaxenceSAUNIER US ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I have an error on the : OnRequestPermissionsResult.
    I modified it to match the GitHUB documentation and it works again. Thank you.

Answers

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

Which API level is this?

• MaxenceSAUNIERMaxenceSAUNIER USMember ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Hello James and thanks for your intervention.

On the Manifest
    Minimum API Level : 15
    Target API Level : 28

My phone API Level : 26

It's a Huawei Psmart.

Thanks for your help.

up

Up

up

edited October 2018

up. I need help. And not have response after 8 days. Please. Thanks.

Accepted Answer

I have an error on the : OnRequestPermissionsResult.
    I modified it to match the GitHUB documentation and it works again. Thank you.

How did you find the error? Was it using logcat? What error did you get, and how did you resolve it?

edited October 2018

With the log monitor I have find this line in error : 10-31 10:37:17.881: E/WindowManager(1260): win=Window{9e797d9 u0 com.google.android.packageinstaller/com.android.packageinstaller.permission.ui.GrantPermissionsActivity EXITING} destroySurfaces: appStopped=false win.mWindowRemovalAllowed=true win.mRemoveOnExit=true

So, I have search on internet and people were saying the problem is on Android activity. I have check MainActivity and I have change autocompletion problem :
    Xamarin.Essentials.Platform.OnRequestPermissionsResult(requestCode, permissions, grantResults);
    to
    PermissionsImplementation.Current.OnRequestPermissionsResult(requestCode, permissions, grantResults);

Thanks - that's really useful to know!

Thanks to you