Forum Xamarin.Android

Xamarin Android Build Error After Update to Xamarin 4.2.1.64

I have just updated Xamarin in Visual Studio to V4.2.1.64. Now, when I build the Android project, I get 100 warnings of the form shown below:

4> warning: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-25\android.jar(android/webkit/ValueCallback.class): major version 52 is newer than 51, the highest major version supported by this compiler.

This is similar to bug https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=22966. The fix apparently is to update the Java SDK. Two methods are suggested: run the Xamarin installer or update manually. If I try to run the Xamarin Installer, nothing happens. I mean nothing, the app gives no error; it simply does not run (nothing shows in Process Explorer). If I try to update Java manually, it simply says I already have the latest version.

I think I have fixed this problem in the past by completely uninstalling Xamarin and all the Android SDK and then reinstalling but that takes ages and I am really reluctant to do that.

Just to be clear: these are warnings, the application still builds and runs. (I'm having to hide my screen from my boss, though, 'cos we have a policy of zero build warnings.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Best Answer

• EasyGoingPatEasyGoingPat GB ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I am adding this simply so I can mark this as answered because this issue is long out-of-date and was fixed some time ago.

Answers

• EasyGoingPatEasyGoingPat GBMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I am adding this simply so I can mark this as answered because this issue is long out-of-date and was fixed some time ago.