Bluetooth Low Energy

ed100ed100 Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in General

I am trying to create a simple app to connect with my device and get data from it. the way the device works is that I have to pair with it, create a bond, and connect to the gatt server, then write some data to a characteristic in order to authenticate with the device. Once authenticated the device starts advertising again with encrypted data which I need to pick up.. The problem is when I am paired with the device in settings I am unable to get any of the advertise data when I scan. Is there any way to pick up advertise data from an already paired device?

Best Answer

Answers

• ed100ed100 Member ✭✭

ill venmo anyone $5 for useful input

• ed100ed100 Member ✭✭

redacted

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

What have you tried already? Can you provide some code and information about the device you are trying to connect to?

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

As Sebastian says above - what code have you already tried?

Also which platform is this?

We have a project in which we did this successfully - unfortunately I have not looked at it for probably 2 years, so it would take me some time to remember what we did! This was on iOS - using the CoreBluetooth library underneath it all.

I can post/attach redacted code if you want.

• ed100ed100 Member ✭✭

@JamesLavery said:
    As Sebastian says above - what code have you already tried?

Also which platform is this?

We have a project in which we did this successfully - unfortunately I have not looked at it for probably 2 years, so it would take me some time to remember what we did! This was on iOS - using the CoreBluetooth library underneath it all.

I can post/attach redacted code if you want.

So far, we have tried scanning for the device while still paired with no luck. We use BluetoothAdapter.StartleScan and ILeScanCallback to get a byte array with the advertisement data but while paired we cannot find the advertise data from our device. We have also tried unpairing from the device and we are able to pickup the advertise data but we have to repair with the device in order to communicate with GATT but we are unable to pair again as our device only supports pairing once.

I believe this is because the android device filters out advertisement data from devices it is already paired to.

The platform is android but any code that you have would help, unfortunately I am not allowed to post any of the code online. I know this isn't much help but any suggestions/tips you have would help a lot