Error on Build: Dependent project AppTest.csproj failed to build, using old version.

heiseheise Member
edited December 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

I'm very new with Xamarin and I want to test the Geolocator Plugin to get GPS Coordinates. I installed the plugin in all projects of my Native Project Solution and write code but when I play the solution with Xamarin Live I have this error:

"Dependent project AppTest.csproj failed to build, using old version."

I tried to clean the solution without effect.

Can someone help me? Many thanks.

This is my code:

using System;
using Xamarin.Forms;
using Plugin.Geolocator;

namespace Apptest
{
    public partial class MainPage : ContentPage
    {
        public MainPage()
        {
            InitializeComponent();            
        }

private async void onButtonClicked(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            var locator = Plugin.Geolocator.CrossGeolocator.Current;
            locator.DesiredAccuracy = 50;

var position = await locator.GetPositionAsync(TimeSpan.FromSeconds(100));

LatLabel.Text = position.Latitude.ToString();
            LongLabel.Text = position.Longitude.ToString();
        }
    }
}

Answers

• AtliAtli USMember ✭✭

I get the same error "Dependent project NetStatus.csproj failed to build, using old version." when I just add the using Plugin.Connectivity; to the App class, and try to test it on a Android device (Samsung 8 through Live Player.)

• I'm getting the same error whenever I try to rename a file, or a class and whenever I need to change namespaces (when creating folders to organize or something like that). I think this error have been caused after the .NET Standard selection update while creating the project (blog.xamarin.com/whats-new-visual-studio-2017-version-15-5/).

When I try to run the app I cannot debug cause of this error, and when I force CTRL+F5 it runs like I haven't changed the code.

Example:

//1. Before commenting the DisplayAlert
    private void ListViewVeiculos_OnItemTapped(object sender, ItemTappedEventArgs e){
        DisplayAlert("Example", "Example", "OK");
    }

//2. After commenting to disable the DisplayAlert
    private void ListViewVeiculos_OnItemTapped(object sender, ItemTappedEventArgs e){
        //DisplayAlert("Example", "Example", "OK");
    }

When I run (forced with CTRL+F5) after the code have been commented (2 in example) it still appears like the old code (1 in example) in the Live Player execution. So, even if I've commented the code it appears executed on the screen of the smartphone the old code (1 in example).

• AtliAtli USMember ✭✭

Yes, I also have a project created with the new .NET Standard, which replaced the PCL. Is this a bug introduced in this new version?

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Now tracking this here: https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/1787 with a workaround for today. Will post an update to app soon

• Yusuf_AYusuf_A Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

I have this error
    The name ' httputility ' does not exist in the current context
    associated with this error
    Dependent Project Formatpoetry.csproj failed to build, using the old version.

The solution did not succeed by adding

Using System.Web;

So I removed the line

Httputility.urldecode (URL)